Championship team of the season 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
With due respect, Hughes is patently better than any of those players. Andy King, when he emerged, is about the closest comparison. I expect Hughes to have a better career than King though.

For a short period Mattock was highly rated, playing England age group football and linked with big premier league clubs, certainly more hyped than King has ever been. If Hughes doesn't have a better career than King I'd be surprised but that is because I think King has done very little except score goals in league 1.

For a short period Mattock was highly rated, playing England age group football and linked with big premier league clubs, certainly more hyped than King has ever been. If Hughes doesn't have a better career than King I'd be surprised but that is because I think King has done very little except score goals in league 1.

Scored a fair few in the Championship too.

Andy King has scored 55 goals for Leicester. Only nine of them were in League One games.

I know he's scored more goals than any midfield player at the club ever but he has been here for years and is the weakest player in our regular midfield, totally overrated imo

I know he's scored more goals than any midfield player at the club ever but he has been here for years and is the weakest player in our regular midfield, totally overrated imo

I think his point was that you'd be more accurate to say all he's done is score in the championship rather than what you said. I'm aware you probably realised that.

I think his point was that you'd be more accurate to say all he's done is score in the championship rather than what you said. I'm aware you probably realised that.

I know his most prolific season was actually the season after league 1 but I was actually quoting something that a few of the worst moaners by us at the Huddersfield game were shouting for fun. I still don't rate the lad.

I know his most prolific season was actually the season after league 1 but I was actually quoting something that a few of the worst moaners by us at the Huddersfield game were shouting for fun. I still don't rate the lad.

Andy King is a good player in the right system. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make a bigger impact next year.

Andy King is a good player in the right system. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make a bigger impact next year.

He might be played behind a lone striker but I'd hope we have better options for that, far too weak in the tackle and often just drifts around doing little, it's not been a surprise to see our midfield being unable to control the game when he is in it. Ok squad player

As did Sheehan, Stearman and that defender who's name I forget.

Get your point with the others, but I feel people are a bit harsh on Richard Stearman...

He made 77 appearances across 3 Premier League seasons with Wolves - that's not bad going and I think you can call that a good career. Probably more PL appearances than any of our Academy grads since Heskey?

Plus he now has a huge beard. If that doesn't say success, what does?

Last edited:
Get your point with the others, but I feel people are a bit harsh on Richard Stearman...

He made 77 appearances across 3 Premier League seasons with Wolves - that's not bad going and I think you can call that a good career. Probably more PL appearances than any of our Academy grads since Heskey?

Plus he now has a huge beard. If that doesn't say success, what does?

Adam Clayton's was ****ing immense at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669