Pre Match Chelsea v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Dean said:
Mike Dean is the premium referee of the Premier League. Mike Dean loves watching replays of matches Mike Dean referees, because Mike Dean likes, nay, LURVES looking at Mike Dean, especially Mike Dean's legs and self-styled bad attitude. Mike Dean is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and even before bread was sliced, Mike Dean was the greatest thing ever, for the simple fact that Mike Dean is Mike Dean's fantasy.

I just saw Jonny Evans is confirmed to be out.

I assume Brendan will stick with Castagne at RCB in that case. I'd prefer we just play a back 4, but I think Perez and Albrighton will both start anyway so we can change between 3-5-2 and 4-4-2 pretty easily

So Tuchel is going around telling all and sundry that this game is the real cup final.
What a sore loser and a complete arsehole.

I hope more than anything they don't win tonight.

Tuchel does seem to be aligning himself with the sore losers, that's for real. It's not a classy thing for a new manager to do. You have to earn that right.

Tuchel does seem to be aligning himself with the sore losers, that's for real. It's not a classy thing for a new manager to do. You have to earn that right.

I'd have thought a better line for a classy manager would be to rest his key players as their CL place is nailed on via a victory in the Final at the end of the month. I await developments.

He strikes me as an emotional basketcase and someone who can't deal with the pressure. The way he screams at the slightest mistake from his players (explained away as "perfectionism" by the pundits), the comments he made after the Arsenal match about being in "angry mode", his sore loser comments after the cup final, and now this. I think we'll beat them tonight, they'll lose their place in the top 4 to Liverpool and they'll be outclassed by Man City in the Champions League final. Then sometime next season he will be sacked.

So Tuchel is going around telling all and sundry that this game is the real cup final.
What a sore loser and a complete arsehole.

I hope more than anything they don't win tonight.

It does come across as sore loser, but I'm sure any manager would take the same line. Of course he's going to say the fight they're still in and the next match is bigger than the one they've just lost.

Same as I'm hoping Brendan gets our players motivated that just because we won on Saturday, we still have to get motivated for tonight and go all out

He strikes me as an emotional basketcase and someone who can't deal with the pressure. The way he screams at the slightest mistake from his players (explained away as "perfectionism" by the pundits), the comments he made after the Arsenal match about being in "angry mode", his sore loser comments after the cup final, and now this. I think we'll beat them tonight, they'll lose their place in the top 4 to Liverpool and they'll be outclassed by Man City in the Champions League final. Then sometime next season he will be sacked.
Definitely. If he wins he’s a genius, if he loses he’s a loon.

It does come across as sore loser, but I'm sure any manager would take the same line. Of course he's going to say the fight they're still in and the next match is bigger than the one they've just lost.

Same as I'm hoping Brendan gets our players motivated that just because we won on Saturday, we still have to get motivated for tonight and go all out
Disagree. He's just trying to belittle our performance and make us feel small and insignificant.

If our players read that I reckon they will be as angry as I am. They won't need anymore motivation.

He's just trying to belittle our performance and make us feel small and insignificant.
He can try - but he'll fail to convince anyone outside the Chelsea bubble. We beat 3 PL teams to get to the FA Cup final and overall, we were better than another PL team on the day. We deserved it - now we have to go again!

I think another tight game. I basically think their players who can hurt us: Hudson Odoi, Chilwell, Reece James, Giroud, Havertz were not started or were played out of position in the Cup Final.
If Im Tuchel id have all those 5 on the pitch and hook pulisic, azpilicueta, alonso, jorginho and Werner.
if theyve got height in the box and that pace down the side we are in trouble.

Rodgers needs to not put us into submissive mode. The only way we beat these again is to play with confidence and a plan to get certain players forwards, need to keep the backdoor shut though.

Schmeichel
Albrighton Castagne Fofana Soyuncu Thomas
Tielemans Ndidi
Maddison
Iheanacho Vardy

We’ve only really got Praet, Maddison and Ricardo as options to switch things up assuming that Albrighton replaces Evans.

Would be great to have the pace of Barnes and Justin to call on.

A win tonight would go down in Leicester folklore and I definitely wouldn’t right us off.

We’ve only really got Praet, Maddison and Ricardo as options to switch things up assuming that Albrighton replaces Evans.

Would be great to have the pace of Barnes and Justin to call on.

A win tonight would go down in Leicester folklore and I definitely wouldn’t right us off.
Ah but would you write us off?

Tbh, I'm not at all confident. All the talk about Tuchel's talk simply motivating us, about stats and head-to-heads this season... I'm trying to ignore it as I think it counts for little. It's a different game; Tuchel will field his strongest side and they'll be fired up - to even the score and to win the 'game that matters'. I do think Tuchel had prioritised the league game, thought the side he put out on Saturday was enough and is maybe regretting that call. It's going to be tough and I reckon they could be more up for it than us. I'll be euphoric if we can raise ourselves to beat them, but I do think it's asking a lot. It's maybe just a little too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566