Pre Match Chelsea v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he picks the wrong side again we’ll batter them cos they’re shit

If he changes it, it’s an even game - although them having a home crowd will make a massive difference, I think - but to whom I don’t know as we’ve not seen the impact of that all season

Or City can look at it as our final and leave everything out there as our last match of the season. Forget Spurs....

Roy Hodgson announces he's leaving Palace at the end of the season. Their last game...Liverpool.

So will the players be playing for him making sure he gets a good send off against a team that Roy feel's wronged him, or will they not be bothered as they'll be playing for a new manager in a few weeks time?

Roy Hodgson announces he's leaving Palace at the end of the season. Their last game...Liverpool.

So will the players be playing for him making sure he gets a good send off against a team that Roy feel's wronged him, or will they not be bothered as they'll be playing for a new manager in a few weeks time?

A bunch of them night not be, they have several players out of contract at the end of the season I believe.

I think another tight game. I basically think their players who can hurt us: Hudson Odoi, Chilwell, Reece James, Giroud, Havertz were not started or were played out of position in the Cup Final.
If Im Tuchel id have all those 5 on the pitch and hook pulisic, azpilicueta, alonso, jorginho and Werner.
if theyve got height in the box and that pace down the side we are in trouble.

Rodgers needs to not put us into submissive mode. The only way we beat these again is to play with confidence and a plan to get certain players forwards, need to keep the backdoor shut though.

Yep I feel the same

Chilwell was their best player when he came on, sure he'll start this time. Pace down the wings is probably something we'll struggle to deal with

It will be very difficult game.

They're likely to attack us though, and we're better in those situations.

Chelsea 1 Leicester 3

I think rolling out similar shape tonight would be an error. A compact shape is best where we can sit deep and break. My line up:

Schmeichel
Castagne Fofana Soyuncu Thomas
Albrighton Ndidi Tielemans Maddison
Iheanacho Vardy

I think rolling out similar shape tonight would be an error. A compact shape is best where we can sit deep and break. My line up:

Schmeichel
Castagne Fofana Soyuncu Thomas
Albrighton Ndidi Tielemans Maddison
Iheanacho Vardy
Got to agree, maybe Perez or Praet over Maddison again. They will be desperate for a.) revenge and b.) Champions League money so it's ripe for a sit back and counter attack day provided we don't concede early. We should get some nice space in the forward areas if we don't. Shame Evans is missing.

I think they'll hammer us.

We will be hungover and recovering from celebrating the cup win.

Their desire for revenge will be far greater than our desire to beat them again, even with the stakes on the line.

Also he will probably start Chilwell this time, who looked their best player when he came on.

So I think we will lose.

But nothing can take away yesterday.

And then hopefully we focus on beating Spurs.
I think Cags or Ndidi will get the instruction to 'take him out', even if it means a yellow card!

Where's Marcin when you need him?
Hopefully in the dressing room, gently encouraging our defense to do their duty - and he'll also have a chat with them at half time and full-time, just in case anyone should need further motivation.

Chilwell is bound to score tonight the little prick but at least I got to see his bottom lip trembling when VAR stepped in.

I'm not hugely confident about tonight but I can see it being a tight affair. If we win though.... wow.... what a party that will be against Spurs.

I'm as confident as I was on Saturday. We just need to be at our best and we'll beat em.

We’ll win this 3-0

I think they will beat us comfortably. After the lord mayor's show.

So Tuchel is going around telling all and sundry that this game is the real cup final.
What a sore loser and a complete arsehole.

I hope more than anything they don't win tonight.
I actually think tonight is the bigger of the two games for Cheatsea. Winning the FA Cup is a pastime for them, getting CL qualification and the £££ it brings is non negotiable for them and their Ruski oil baron owner.

I actually think tonight is the bigger of the two games for Cheatsea. Winning the FA Cup is a pastime for them, getting CL qualification and the £££ it brings is non negotiable for them and their Ruski oil baron owner.

Yeah, that was pretty obvious from his selection. Second choice keeper, left back, right sided forward.

This is a huge match for Chelsea. Much bigger than for us. If we get top four, it's a terrific bonus. If they don't, their budget and planning is down the toilet.

Yeah, that was pretty obvious from his selection. Second choice keeper, left back, right sided forward.

This is a huge match for Chelsea. Much bigger than for us. If we get top four, it's a terrific bonus. If they don't, their budget and planning is down the toilet.
Still a massive game for us too. Our current wage to turnover model is unsustainable. Our wage bill actually exceeds turnover so you could argue it would be more than just a ‘bonus’ to get top 4.

Still a massive game for us too. Our current wage to turnover model is unsustainable. Our wage bill actually exceeds turnover so you could argue it would be more than just a ‘bonus’ to get top 4.

I used to think that way. Now I realise that whatever extra we make will just go on new contracts and general excessiveness. Just like in 2016. If we ever get into financial trouble, either Top pays out or we sell someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566