Children in Need, not a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really sure I could have refused to give money and made them go in uniform...!
I must confess to falling for that one myself, I just couldn't send my daughter in uniform for her to be potentially ridiculed. So yes, I was bullied, I was targeted at my most vulnerable point so I get your point there.

As for giving in the street, NEVER. Buying the Big Issue is my limit to street giving.

fecking schools are always on the rob. raffle tickets, christmas cards, tea towels, cake sale, tombola prizes, photos, summer fete, more raffle tickets, 100 club, coffee afternoons, school disco, cheerleading shoes, school trips (£350 for 5 days in the IOW :icon_eek: bet the fecking teachers aren't paying...), christmas carnival, dvd of nativity play, christmas gift fayre, car boot sales, may ball, more fecking raffle tickets, mufti days, the list is endless.
And Terry wants another few quid? on yer bike bog trotter...

As for giving in the street, NEVER. Buying the Big Issue is my limit to street giving.
Now it's a bit parky out - I'd appreciate it if people can just post their money directly to me and I'll post the interesting articles from this months BI here.

We all stay warm - it's a win-win.

Cheques, PO's & cash to:
Disco Bob
(third smelly tramp on the left pretending to use the computer for a job search)
Erdington Library
Erdington High Street
Erdington

fecking schools are always on the rob. raffle tickets, christmas cards, tea towels, cake sale, tombola prizes, photos, summer fete, more raffle tickets, 100 club, coffee afternoons, school disco, cheerleading shoes, school trips (£350 for 5 days in the IOW :icon_eek: bet the fecking teachers aren't paying...), christmas carnival, dvd of nativity play, christmas gift fayre, car boot sales, may ball, more fecking raffle tickets, mufti days, the list is endless.
And Terry wants another few quid? on yer bike bog trotter...

I want to know more about 'mufti days' .

Is it as lesbotastic as it sounds?

There are a couple of female teachers there this term who i would love to see going at it together.

mufti is where the kids pay to go to school in civvies, not uniform.

One thing that has pissed me off today is reading in the Sun that they have now set up a campaign to force premiership footballers to give their £150k bonus to the 'Support the squaddies' (or something similar) scheme.

I believe very strongly that it is not the job of a footballer or any other highly paid proffessional for that matter to ensure that our armed forces personnel are given the financial support that they rightly deserve and need.

It is pathetic little publicity stunts like these that relieve the government even further from their own responsibility of caring for their commited military.

Last edited:
One thing that has pissed me off today is reading in the Sun that they have now set up a campaign to force premiership footballers to give their £150k bonus to the 'Support the squaddies' (or something similar) scheme.

I believe very strongly that it is not the job of a footballer or any other highly paid proffessional for that matter to ensure that our armed forces personnel are given the financial support that they rightly deserve and need.

It is pathetic little publicity stunts like these that relieve the government even further from their own responsibility of caring for their commited military.

What a sickening idea, absolutely nauseating.

BTW, which 150k bonus & how have they managed to force them to take part?

It is not as interesting as you might think. :icon_wink

Pissed me off when i spotted two tarts in the works canteen today shaking a bucket for children in need . Felt obliged to contribute, which resulted in my Friday fry-up being reduced by a sausage, fried slice and less bacon:icon_conf.

They're just trying to raise money to help children in our home countries FFS.

We all moan about Comic Relief that the money goes oversees, but this is about us helping each other, helping our children who need help.

Personally I can't think of a better cause to raise money for than our own Children in Need. Yes, the entertainment is shite, but is that how shallow you lot are, can't you see past that?

:038::038::038:

Top post Melton. Or is it really you, over the past few days your persona seems to have 'chilled out' a bit! :icon_conf

Top post Melton. Or is it really you, over the past few days your persona seems to have 'chilled out' a bit! :icon_conf

Yes, highlighting the validity of a childrens charity certainly is chilling out.

And I normally give to the air ambulance after they helped someone in my family out massively

Yep thats the only charity I give dosh to. They attended to my cousin and her child who had been in a car crash and air-lifted them to the hospital. They both unfortunately died at the hospital, but I still give them the £4 a month or whatever so they can continue to run and hopefully help others survive.

Bollocks to 'Children in Need' though. If I want to donate money to children who are in need, I will do it when I like and will give it to whichever childrens charity I like.

Yes my good friend, it's really me. :icon_wink

I think a lot of people donate to a charity that they have some sort of personal affinity with.

Even better, if you are donating money for a specific item or you know exactly what your hard-earned is going to be used for.

Children In Need is a very worthy event, but I can understand why some are reluctant to give.

How come the Air Ambulance needs to be run as a charity?

How wrong is that? I had no idea that was a charity.

Exactly, not many people know that its a charity. It should be a government thing paid by taxes - many people presume it is.

Donating money to contribute towards a new helicopter or whatever is very worthy in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669