Chris Powell to Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE DON'T GO CHRIS.

He'd be a massive loss. He's great with all the players and shows passion which is unrivalled. Would be huge blow. huge.

Hope he stays, **** Newcastle! You know they are destined for jack shit with that mug in charge of them.

Would be an absolute shame in my opinion. Is the Premiership with Pardew a better prospect than what we have here with Sven?

Let me feed your question into my PC........wait a moment.....here comes the answer.....astoundingly its a 'Yes'!

Somehow my PC takes the view that it would be preferable to be a coach at a Premier League club as distinct from currently being side lined with us following the appointment of Sven & Fazackerly. Amazing but there it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me feed your question into my PC........wait a moment.....here comes the answer.....astoundingly its a 'Yes'!

Somehow my PC takes the view that it would be preferable to be a coach at a Premier League club as distinct from currently being side lined with us following the appointment of Sven & Fazackerly. Amazing but there it is.

Fartarsing around managing the reserves in a mid-table Championship team, and taking pens against Conrad Logan in the warm up, is a much better prospect than being second in command of a mid-table Premier League team, complete with some very good players and a manager who has just been handed a cushty five and half year deal

I suggest you get yourself a new computer, you idiot

Glad we've rejected it, and hopefully that is the end of it.

To be fair, while coaching better players at a higher level would probably be preferable, Powell is well liked and respected here, and I would think Sven and Faz are better to learn from than Alan Pardew.

Hopefully he'll stay around here for a long time.

Glad we've rejected it, and hopefully that is the end of it.

To be fair, while coaching better players at a higher level would probably be preferable, Powell is well liked and respected here, and I would think Sven and Faz are better to learn from than Alan Pardew.

Hopefully he'll stay around here for a long time.
:038:

I can't comment on his coaching ability, but it is clear he is a good presence within the club, and long may it continue

I think Steve Stone has been given the job that he was lining Powell up for so should be over now. Fingers crossed

Fartarsing around managing the reserves in a mid-table Championship team, and taking pens against Conrad Logan in the warm up, is a much better prospect than being second in command of a mid-table Premier League team, complete with some very good players and a manager who has just been handed a cushty five and half year deal

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Chris Powell has been given a bigger role on matchdays under Sven.

When Nigel was manager the only person who spoke to the manager during the match was Craig Shakespeare. Craig was clearly in contact with Steve Walsh Sr up in the stand. Powell's role was to pat players on the back before they came on or when they came off.
Under Paulo, his number two Bruno (not the great Swiss Bruno but the not-great Portuguese Bruno) would have a word about once or twice a game with Sousa.
Under Sven they seem to have committee meetings during the game in which Sven seems to listen to what Chris Powell says.

It is true that Powell can probably learn more from Sven than from Pardew. However, at 41 it is arguable that he needs to be building his career. A cynic would point out that when Pardew gets sacked as he probably will he will get a very nice payoff and presumably so will his backroom staff.

The fact that Chris Powell was chairman of the PFA shows he is highly thought of by his fellow professionals and if a managerial position comes up somewhere he will have earned his chance.

I looked Powell up on Wikipedia and came across an interesting quote from a Southend fan:
"A very skilled, left-footed defender, who could quite possibly be considered one of the nicest men in football, a true gent."That is a pretty good tribute.

Spot on Homer.

The miscreant PC in question is on its way to the municipal tip. The new model has been factory fitted with a software programme titled 'Leicester Loud and Proud ' that has been endorsed by the Fosse Boys.

"A very skilled, left-footed defender, who could quite possibly be considered one of the nicest men in football, a true gent."That is a pretty good tribute.

The skilled bit is fine.

If on the otherhand he is "one of the nicest men in football"...he is likely to need to pursue a new career direction before too long. Nice men don't tend to survive long in this industry.

Spot on Homer.

The miscreant PC in question is on its way to the municipal tip. The new model has been factory fitted with a software programme titled 'Leicester Loud and Proud ' that has been endorsed by the Fosse Boys.

Possibly a small investment in some Anti-irony software wouldn't go amiss, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669