Chris Weale

Status
Not open for further replies.

I regret the day I ever made that 'jibe'.Every fecker replies to my posts with it now and it bores the feck out of me,totally my own fault.Purposely don't say it anymore...I live and learn:102:

Last edited:
I regret the day I ever made that 'jibe'.Every fecker replies to my posts with it now and it bores the feck out of me,totally my own fault.Purposely don't say it anymore...I live and learn:102:

You working until 9.30pm tonight HF? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

On the whole I would expect a squad Premiership keeper to be better than one from the league below.

Whether that's true in this case I have no idea, I'd never heard of him until the speculation a couple of weeks ago.

A couple of the so called Premiership keepers we have loaned this season may well end up plying their trade in the Championship on a full time basis in the future. They are young lads so their ability when they are 27 may well be worse or better than Weale's.

But as you say, we cannot judge the bloke either way yet.

One thing I am quite happy about is NP getting a low cost keeper in who may well cut it at this level whilst leaving more money available to use in other areas.

This guy is a quality keeper, in fact he is the Weale Deal!

According to the Bristol City manager...

"Chris was never really able to show the fans here what he was about due to the injuries. He came here with a cruciate knee which lasted 12 months, then he had problems with his back, and more recently he's broken his wrist and thumb."

Maybe NP only likes to sign goalkeepers who are injury prone. Not quite sure what a "cruciate knee" is though :icon_roll

I almost jizzed my pants when I heard about this signing......

Nice to see that we are now getting our stories on the 'Championship' page of the BBC website :038:

When is it that we officially move up from L1 ??

Last edited:
Nice to see that we are now getting our stories on the 'Championship' page of the BBC website :038:

When is it that we officially move up from L1 ??

I seem to remember last summer that is was ages before the moved us down.

Did anyone not mention it in the other threads that he will probably be back up ?
I did, H.

If we are, as we assume to be the case, signing two keepers this summer, and the reserve keeper of a mid-table Championship club is one of them, I would have expected the other one to be of a perceived "higher calibre".

Otherwise, I wouldn't look at it as "giving it a right good go" in the Championship, which is what we've said we're doing.

If this bloke has been brought in to be no. 1, fair play, I've got no clue what he's like. I will, in true BM style, trust NP's judgement, because I think he's a lovely big man and he makes me feel all funny every time I look at him...

I did, H.

If we are, as we assume to be the case, signing two keepers this summer, and the reserve keeper of a mid-table Championship club is one of them, I would have expected the other one to be of a perceived "higher calibre".

Otherwise, I wouldn't look at it as "giving it a right good go" in the Championship, which is what we've said we're doing.

If this bloke has been brought in to be no. 1, fair play, I've got no clue what he's like. I will, in true BM style, trust NP's judgement, because I think he's a lovely big man and he makes me feel all funny every time I look at him...

It sounds as if NP has brought him in to be the number 1 keeper. I'll trust the Nigemeister on this at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669