Confirmed Transfer Christian Fuchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolt out of the blue. Top props for keeping that one nicely under wraps, I'm sure if Nige had his way all of his transfers would be like that. Fantastic signing though.

NP must have learned from all the talk about Fanni last summer, once it slipped out and everyone got wind of it it just became a mess

From another forum:

Christian Fuchs had become Schalke's third-best left-back behind Aogo and Kolašinac. Although extremely popular with the fans for his character and work rate, there was no place for him in a Schalke team that badly needs a more stable defence, and his departure in this transfer window was inevitable. Schalke had been desperate to sell him last year and were never going to renew his contract.

Fuchs functions best in a 3-5-2, whereas his clear defensive weaknesses can be overlooked in favour of his attacking potential. In the past, his crosses for Huntelaar to score had been fruitful, but these have dried up along with his free-kicks and at 29 he isn't going to regain his pace either.

That said, his all-action style will be a good fit for the Premier League and the move might well provide a much-needed new lease of life for the Austrian captain.

Overall however, Fuchs' transfer to Leicester confirms a recent trend whereby the Bundesliga now only sells to the Premier League players whom German clubs no longer wish to keep, as their performance to wages ratio is no longer acceptable (see also Prödl, Wollscheid, Podolski, Marin etc.).

Alfred N'Diaye was the latest target but then they realised it could be a bitter memory for Nigel during a substitution if it was Fuchs off N'Diaye on

:icon_lol: ****ing hell, I'm even laughing at MoFo jokes now. Someone must have spiked my Weetabix.

Great signing from what ive read. Does this mean Schlupp is on his way out? I hope not!

He isn't the best footballer in the squad but hes only 22 and has the potential to be awesome. Hopefully this will push him to improve even more. I highly doubt we'd sell one of our best prospects.

But what's really outstanding is his apparant ability to drop 7 years of age . Impressive, I'd like some of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566