Confirmed Transfer Christian Fuchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed this heartwarming little snippet in the Merc. The news we've all been waiting for...

Meanwhile, Paul Konchesky is also staying with City, despite the club originally announcing his contract extension he signed in January, 2014, expired at the end of the 2014-15 season.

However, it has now emerged Konchesky has another year on his deal with City and will compete with new signing Christian Fuchs for the left-back berth.

**** me

Konchesky has another year on his deal with City and will compete with new signing Christian Fuchs for the left-back berth.

Fuchs may struggle to get a starting place..............

"However, it has now emerged......" Quite funny that.

One of the ways NP appears to ingratiate himself with players is to offer them seriously lucrative contracts. In this case, I have read that Konchesky was entitled to an additional year based on appearances. The same happened the previous season with Taylor-Fletcher.

I can imagine that Konchesky will have about as much of a presence in the team next season as Taylor-Fletcher did in the one just finished. But as a morale booster and way of making players feel indebted to the management, it seems pretty effective.

Who knows what PK's plans are to move in to coaching either. He seems to have squeezed every bit of talent out of himself to get as far as he did, so he'd probably do well.

One of the ways NP appears to ingratiate himself with players is to offer them seriously lucrative contracts.

Do we have any evidence to support this because all the talk last summer was of him not being prepared to pay over the odds in fees or salary to get any old player here? Moreover, I doubt Pearson does the salary offer - isn't that the DOF's job?

In my experience it's always been an employee who has ingratiated themselves with the management, not the other way round.

Do we have any evidence to support this because all the talk last summer was of him not being prepared to pay over the odds in fees or salary to get any old player here? Moreover, I doubt Pearson does the salary offer - isn't that the DOF's job?

My evidence would be the fact that the playing wage bill under NP has been consistently at least as big as it was under Sven despite the so-called high earners from his era departing (as well as there being a smaller squad). This has to mean that he is paying the players more than we would expect.

In addition, the bonus's that were paid out for promotion and for retaining our Premier League status were very large compared to those offered elsewhere. This was pointed out in several newspaper articles.

Also, back to the original point, players do seem to get lengthy contracts under NP. Loads of unproven Premier League players got four year deals last summer, others over 30 seem to get additional one/two year deals with incentives that trigger additional years. It is apparent that players are in no hurry to leave us, even when they aren't playing regularly. This is unlikely to be the case unless they are well rewarded.

I hasten to add that I don't object to this practice at all. It is just one obvious option a manager can use to encourage loyalty.

In terms of the DofF role, do you seriously think NP takes no interest or role in contractual negotiations?

Last edited:
My evidence would be the fact that the playing wage bill under NP has been consistently at least as big as it was under Sven despite the so-called high earners from his era departing (as well as there being a smaller squad). This has to mean that he is paying the players more than we would expect.

In addition, the bonus's that were paid out for promotion and for retaining our Premier League status were very large compared to those offered elsewhere. This was pointed out in several newspaper articles.

Also, back to the original point, players do seem to get lengthy contracts under NP. Loads of unproven Premier League players got four year deals last summer, others over 30 seem to get additional one/two year deals with incentives that trigger additional years. It is apparent that players are in no hurry to leave us, even when they aren't playing regularly. This is unlikely to be the case unless they are well rewarded.

I hasten to add that I don't object to this practice at all. It is just one obvious option a manager can use to encourage loyalty.

In terms of the DofF role, do you seriously think NP takes no interest or role in contractual negotiations?
I think you make an interesting point BN - it also seems fair to me that Pearson sometimes offers longer than expected contracts to the older guys in the squad.

I wonder if this is as much for their positive influence as anything else.

I believe that if you pay people the right amount and look after them they will not be looking to leave. Have we had any players who have handed in a transfer request under Pearson?

I think you make an interesting point BN - it also seems fair to me that Pearson sometimes offers longer than expected contracts to the older guys in the squad.

I wonder if this is as much for their positive influence as anything else.

I believe that if you pay people the right amount and look after them they will not be looking to leave. Have we had any players who have handed in a transfer request under Pearson?

Players rarely hand in transfer requests these days, as it prevents them from receiving a settlement on the remainder of their contract.

Yep. I reckon the manager of the team just concentrates on playing FIFA15 throughout the entire negation process.

Players rarely hand in transfer requests these days, as it prevents them from receiving a settlement on the remainder of their contract.
I had almost forgotten that there was something called transfer request!

Konchesky competing for a place against Fuchs is like Junior Lewis saying he is competing for a place against Cambiasso!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566