Christmas No 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCFCmonkey

Maybe you've heard, but there is a Facebook campaign going around to try to get Rage Against The Machine's "Killing In The Name Of" to the Christmas No 1 spot ahead of Simon Cowell's latest singing cash-machine.

The facebook group is Here, and it is currently at No 2 in the charts, but with over 600,000 members, the Facebook group is intending to make this happen.

If you've never heard of Rage Against the Machine, download it from iTunes for 99p, and if you have, download it again anyway.

I would rather all the elfs die in Christmas land than download that absolute shit of a tune.

Funny though.

Last edited:
It won't work, Simon Cowell will win.

Maybe you've heard, but there is a Facebook campaign going around to try to get Rage Against The Machine's "Killing In The Name Of" to the Christmas No 1 spot ahead of Simon Cowell's latest singing cash-machine.

The facebook group is Here, and it is currently at No 2 in the charts, but with over 600,000 members, the Facebook group is intending to make this happen.

If you've never heard of Rage Against the Machine, download it from iTunes for 99p, and if you have, download it again anyway.

I did join the group when it started, but the more I've thought about it the more I smell a rat. My cynical head is telling me that this is just a viral marketing campaign by Sony, the XFactor winner and RATM are both signed to Sony.

Whoever gets the number 1 slot, XFactor or RATM, Sony & Simon Cowell win big time

I did join the group when it started, but the more I've thought about it the more I smell a rat. My cynical head is telling me that this is just a viral marketing campaign by Sony, the XFactor winner and RATM are both signed to Sony.

Whoever gets the number 1 slot, XFactor or RATM, Sony & Simon Cowell win big time

Sony* have probably put out someone to start this off through a subsiduary as a way of getting double the sales for BOTH records as the XFactor type people will be more than determined that Joes song makes it whereas all the anti Cowell lot think they are getting one over Simon by buying the RATM song , when all they are doing is lining the record company's already over flowing pockets.

It doesnt take the brain of Britain to work out that there would be a similar revolt to last years XFactor song BUT at least Jeff Buckleys version was good. Sony are just taking everyone for a fool by making sure they cash in both ways. It would be better to pick a song that was on an indepedant record label or at least not one that was associated with Sony*.

* Sony is clear to see at the bottom of this web page

Last edited:
Here's an idea.

Why can't we have a Christmas song for Christmas number 1 this year, instead of some personalityless Geordie dickhead singing some totally shit cover of a totally shit song?

Revolutionary thinking.

It's a pity Geraldine's song wasn't out this year instead as I would expect more people would have gone for that instead.

By the way said Geordie went to the same school as Martyn Waghorn and Phil Brown comes from South Shields as well.

South Shields - Famous people associated with the town are Hull Manager Phil Brown, X Factor star Joe McElderry and Sunderland striker Martyn Waghorn

Last edited:
If you've never heard of Rage Against the Machine, download it from iTunes for 99p

Why would anybody want to do that when it's available from Amazon at 29p?

Does anyone really give a shit anyway :102:

(apart from these Facebook nutters, obviously, who really need to get a life)

Here's an idea.

Why can't we have a Christmas song for Christmas number 1 this year, instead of some personalityless Geordie dickhead singing some totally shit cover of a totally shit song?

Revolutionary thinking.

That is way too much of a radical idea, Slade at No 1 for Christmas - humbug!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669