City Fans Cheered Mattock Injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate Fox

We are getting absolutely destroyed here.

Where the majority of our fans booing & cheering him off ?

Sheffield United fans are a contradicting bunch aren’t they? They talk of disrespect towards Mattock in the same sentence as hoping that we "die on the journey home" & "get battered after the game".

:102:

Its mentioned in the post match thread.

FOX Franks

Christ almighty, some of those fans hate everything. If you don't enjoy being a student then don't do it. I've never had those experiences, so for that generalisation is way too far. ANd I don't condone Mattock being booed because I think a lot of people are idiots unfortunately, but if you know fans don't like you then you'd expect no different.

meh.

Darth Vodka

people are "scum" for cheering something bad happening at a football match?

drama queens

TornadoShaunUK

On the face of it it is no better than Diouf against QPR. They do seem to be tarring the whole fanbase with the same brush mind which is wrong in itself. Also admitting to thuggery and hooliganism doesn't show them in a great light themselves!

I've noticed it's pretty much the same on 606, there's this one Blades fan in particular who seems to be on some sort of anti-Leicester vendetta.

I wasn't there last night so I can not vouch for their fans but Sheffield is one of my favourite cities and I still like Micky Adams as a manager as he did a decent job for us on the whole (listening to his post match comments made me laugh a bit, he doesn't change it was still full of 'er this, er that').

Booing an injured player is pretty crass but every club has fans that are two bricks short of a full house.

I don't like Mattock, I think he was very unprofessional and belittled our club when he left after manufacturing his own exit, the whole nightclub 'woman-beater' aftermath only served to perpetuate the whole saga. I think he deserves all the stick he gets from us but I personally would not have booed a player who is seriously injured, regardless of who it is/was.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't make a full recovery anyway. Aaron Ramsey overcame a serious injury in relatively little time, so he has age on his side and am sure he will recover.

Last edited:

Hazzman

Take the exact same situation, regardless of club the same would have happened.

Absolute comical use of harsh words. Even more so considering within two weeks time, Mattock will be at home in plaster playing on his Playstation collecting more than me and you earn in a month, once a week.

drummindefender

I wouldn't have booed Mattock if I was there. I wouldn't have clapped him either. I dislike him for the manner in which he left the club, but I wouldn't wish that upon him.

LS6_Fox

At the end of the day it's football banter, chants are not normally known for their intellect and as has already been stated I'm sure there would be a section of their fans that did exactly same thing.

GazLCFC

I wouldn't have booed Mattock if I was there. I wouldn't have clapped him either. I dislike him for the manner in which he left the club, but I wouldn't wish that upon him.

As I did, although I was in the minority of people sat near me. I applaud him off though as I do with any player being strechered off. Don't agree with what he said when he left, we need to move on.

H T B

Suppose it's an improvement on booing their own players.
There are neanderthal's in all walks of life that shouldn't be allowed to breathe, never mind chant.

Matt_B

They must have met MHS ;)

I have no problem with fans booing opposition players, I think it's a bit pointless and idiotic, but go ahead. I do have a problem with the "Let him die chants", and last night was by no means the first time our fans have done it, I've heard it numerous times at home matches.

Dazzler66

Its just what football fans do when they have lost, I suspect some of these people calling us scum were cheering their Captain Morgan when he fractured Iain Humes skull.

fitz

Sheffield United fans are ***** and proud to be *****, I'm surprised they aren't praising our support for acting this way. Mattock is also a ****, really can't see why anyone is bothered by this.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
There is a scum element among our fans, as there always has been. I'm interested to know how they heard this but not all the other noise our lot made. They certainly weren't doing enough singing of their own to drown it out. Selective hearing maybe? :102: Also, what was the 'she said no' chant aimed at Mattock for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669