Clapham Joins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone panicing? Sheehan has gone to Leeds because we've brought in an experienced leftback for theat position and to ensure that he still plays regular football. Something less likely if he stayed at Leicester for the time being now that he has 2 others competing for the same spot. Sending him to Leeds for the short term gives him the opurtunity to develop further. As for Mattock, sending Sheehan out on loan really casts doubt on him being sold as then we'd go from having 2 left back to having 1.

Why is everyone panicing? Sheehan has gone to Leeds because we've brought in an experienced leftback for theat position and to ensure that he still plays regular football. Something less likely if he stayed at Leicester for the time being now that he has 2 others competing for the same spot. Sending him to Leeds for the short term gives him the opurtunity to develop further. As for Mattock, sending Sheehan out on loan really casts doubt on him being sold as then we'd go from having 2 left back to having 1.

:bang::bang::bang:

What if another left back has been lined up ?? Well I can tell you 3 have been lined up and one will be selected if the deal goes ahead.

[/B]

:bang::bang::bang:

What if another left back has been lined up ?? Well I can tell you 3 have been lined up and one will be selected if the deal goes ahead.

I think it's a bit late in the day to sell one player and then bring in anothe ron the back of that sale all on the evening of transfer deadline, especially after loaning out your cover.

I think it's a bit late in the day to sell one player and then bring in anothe ron the back of that sale all on the evening of transfer deadline, especially after loaning out your cover.

Why? If everything is in place it only takes half an hour

Because Clapham is ****ing shit

I haven't seen Clapham play since he left Birmingham and so I won't slate him till I have an opinion based on his recent form.

All i will say is, Holloway has worked with him before and therefore thinks he will be decent, albeit he seems to have hedged his bets by only making it a loan deal. I hope Holloway is right and Clapham, who was a solid premiership player for many years, can regain his previous form for us.

Good luck, Jamie.

I've heard that Mattock won't be leaving until the summer when he will sign for Arsenal. Apparently the clubs are discussing this now.

Its from quite a reliable source within the club but not sure how definite.

mattock is somebody we should definately hold on to

hmm arsenal could be big bucks 4 or 5m

Mattock is a good player, and at the minute that's all he is.

We had the same hype about Stearman a couple of years ago and some people were saying we should never sell him to Sunderland for (x) million (2, I think) and look at the state of the goon now.

We need players for today and the immediate tomorrow, if the price is right (above 1.5 mill IMO), then sell, he may never be worth that again, Stearman won't be.

I doubt many fans from other clubs have even heard of him, we just seem to like the "local boy" story again.

"Potential" won't get us promoted next season, ability will.

We had the same hype about Stearman a couple of years ago and some people were saying we should never sell him to Sunderland for (x) million (2, I think) and look at the state of the goon now.

We need players for today and the immediate tomorrow, if the price is right (above 1.5 mill IMO), then sell, he may never be worth that again, Stearman won't be.

I doubt many fans from other clubs have even heard of him, we just seem to like the "local boy" story again.

a good point well made

I honestly think Mattock is better than Stearman, then and now. He has a better technique and pace, much greater potential IMO. Its inevitable that he will leave though...maybe not that great a loss to the team now but in terms of potential it could be.

He seems to have the criteria to become a Wenger buy. Apparently Liam Brady has been keeping an eye on him and they are talking about an Arsenal player (youth) coming in as part exchange with cash for him - so hopefully we can squeeze as much out as possible.

Negative fecking Doom Merchant

The bid was 1.1m for Stearman.... which in that market was a rubbish price. I doubt his price tag is currently any lower than that.

I agree with what you're saying though. Anything guaranteed over £2m would do me. Which is about right when you look how much Bale, Gosling and plenty of other youngsters have gone for.

No way should we let Mattock go, unless it's for stupid money of course! I dont see how selling him for say £1.5m would be good business for us at all, who for that money are we going to replace him with???? We are supposed to be trying to get into the Premiership not selling our best players. I for one would be very pissed off!!!

hmm arsenal could be big bucks 4 or 5m

5 million is what they paid for Walcott who was supposed to be the dogs danglies and Spurs were interested, can't see Mattock playing for the Gooners he aint anywhere near as good as Clichy, Eboue, Sagna or Hoyte.

Not happy-my mate who is a wolves fan says he has been shite for them in the last couple of seasons-as good as if not worse then carl cort...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669