Clapham Joins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was brought in because he was cheap,we have a small squad and he can play at the back or midfield.
Wait til homer gets his teeth into him...he'll destroy him

Shut up you great big queen

I agree with your assessment. I'd be truly amazed if he got in the team ahead of Mattock, barring injury - or simply to give him a rest once a month

Shut up you great big queen

I agree with your assessment. I'd be truly amazed if he got in the team ahead of Mattock, barring injury - or simply to give him a rest once a month

He can play on the left wing,he's an option for a hour thats all.He'll hopefully try because he needs a job in the summer..I expect him to find one in June,Skegness are crying out for deckchair attendents.He'll be gone IMO

Some players react totally differently for different managers.

In the case of Clapham, he's appeared to do reasonably well with a 'arm round the shoulder' type boss and awful with a 'you're shite - play well now or die' type boss.

IH is a 'arm round the shoulder' type boss. McCarthy is a big bully.

Therefore, he'll probably be better for us than he was doing for them.

Some players react totally differently for different managers.

In the case of Clapham, he's appeared to do reasonably well with a 'arm round the shoulder' type boss and awful with a 'you're shite - play well now or die' type boss.

IH is a 'arm round the shoulder' type boss. McCarthy is a big bully.

Therefore, he'll probably be better for us than he was doing for them.

Maybe but isn't Bruce an 'arm around the shoulder type' and Clapham wasn't great for Birmingham.It doesn't really matter,he's here til the end of the season to give us an option.If we want to get promoted next season we won't do it with Jamie Claphamms in the side and he'll be on his bike come June IMO

I think he was brought in because he was cheap,we have a small squad and he can play at the back or midfield.
Wait til homer gets his teeth into him...he'll destroy him

I think you are right re: 'because he's cheap'.... Let's see the evidence in the summer if MM is going to invest in the squad sufficiently or not. I'm quietly concerned after the very little that actually materialised (in terms of signings) this transfer window that MM may not be putting enough money where his mouth is. But maybe he intends to loosen the purse strings in the summer, let's see. He'd better do so, or he's going to have a disappointed set of supporters - and a team short of the top 6.

Last edited:
I think you are right re: 'because he's cheap'.... Let's see the evidence in the summer if MM is going to invest in the squad sufficiently or not. I'm quietly concerned after the very little that actually materialised (in terms of signings) this transfer window that MM may not be putting enough money where his mouth is. But maybe he intends to loosen the purse strings in the summer, let's see. He'd better do so, or he's going to have a disappointed set of supporters - and a team short of the top 6.

I had thought that MM was investing quite a bit in the squad, DJ and Howard could end up costing over £2m each, Oakley £500k, Hayles £150k. It might not be huge amounts, but it's more than we have spent since Taylor was burning cash.

I had thought that MM was investing quite a bit in the squad, DJ and Howard could end up costing over £2m each, Oakley £500k, Hayles £150k. It might not be huge amounts, but it's more than we have spent since Taylor was burning cash.

I still have palpitations over the £5 million plus for Ade!

Considering Mattock's role in Blackpool's first I'm sure we're all glad he's signed now.

should get a run out against Cov reserves on Tuesday

the main problem with city is goals score , keep spending money but same result . whats wrong with the team ,why cant we score goals , as anyone got the answer , i am so feed up with they way they perform, maybe its all the bullshit about reaching the play offs . we are not good enough , come on lads lets have a team we can be pround of .:102:

the main problem with city is goals score , keep spending money but same result . whats wrong with the team ,why cant we score goals , as anyone got the answer , i am so feed up with they way they perform, maybe its all the bullshit about reaching the play offs . we are not good enough , come on lads lets have a team we can be pround of .:102:

Prepare to be abused. Type your response into word and use spell checker if you're not very good at spelling as some members of this forum find it difficult to decipher gobbledeegook. I'm not sure it will fix your syntax but it might deny some of the pedants ammunition.

But yes, we all want a team to be pround of.

Prepare to be abused. Type your response into word and use spell checker if you're not very good at spelling as some members of this forum find it difficult to decipher gobbledeegook. I'm not sure it will fix your syntax but it might deny some of the pedants ammunition.

But yes, we all want a team to be pround of.

ok ,thanks for your help, spelling not my strong point .sorry:icon_cry:

Think that we may well see mattock and clapham down the left in away games when clapham is fully fit.

Some other posters have the same problem. :icon_wink

The main problem with city is goals scored. We keep spending money but get the same result. What's wrong with the team ,why cant we score goals , has anyone got the answer. I am so fed up with they way they perform, maybe its all the bullshit about reaching the play offs, we are not good enough. Come on lads lets have a team we can be proud of.

:102:

Spelling isn't a strong point for many on here :icon_bigg

I first read your user name as "chesterfield JO" instead of fo and all sorts of memories of Jo Guest popped into my head for some reason :110:

EDIT: The subsequent posts which followed this were all about Jo Guest and had nothing to do with Jamie Clapham, so they have been deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670