Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

I'm pretty shocked at the media reaction. It borders on disrespectful.

Especially disappointed with ex-players sharpening their knives. This should be a time of solidarity and instead they are piling on. Wankers.

Tony Cottee, Muzzy Izzet and Ian Marshall, disgusting talk.
Frank Sinclair, much better.

camberwell fox

I can't believe the level of negativity of some posters.

I was as disappointed as anyone with NP's departure, but from the sounds of it - it was entirely of his own doing.

**** off and die, ostrich gate and throttling a player were confronted by our owners by 'turning a blind eye' at the same time as we were bottom of the league for 140 ****ing days.

We survive, miraculously in a way that will not only go down in LCFC folklore but in premier league history and we are all excited at the prospect of NP leading U.S. Forward in the following season, but oh no, his son and our manager conspire to force our supportive owners to suck both of them - quite clearly in NP's case unplanned (no replacement in the wings).

We then employ a very successful club manager whom we should all give our full support and backing (as per the last nine games of last season), but the bitching continues. Who the **** better could we have emliyed?

I despair of people sometimes.

pork pie fox

I can't believe the level of negativity of some posters.

I was as disappointed as anyone with NP's departure, but from the sounds of it - it was entirely of his own doing.

**** off and die, ostrich gate and throttling a player were confronted by our owners by 'turning a blind eye' at the same time as we were bottom of the league for 140 ****ing days.

We survive, miraculously in a way that will not only go down in LCFC folklore but in premier league history and we are all excited at the prospect of NP leading U.S. Forward in the following season, but oh no, his son and our manager conspire to force our supportive owners to suck both of them - quite clearly in NP's case unplanned (no replacement in the wings).

We then employ a very successful club manager whom we should all give our full support and backing (as per the last nine games of last season), but the bitching continues. Who the **** better could we have emliyed?

I despair of people sometimes.

There's an unfortunate typo in there, Cambers.

camberwell fox

Suck should be sack of course, but reading it back it needs leaving in...

FryattFox

Probably best to get your facts right before posting. My ONLY suggestion of who I would like to see come in was Howe.

Oh, sorry. I ignored the ridiculous suggestions. You may as well have said you wanted Mourinho...

Out of the front runners I can only foresee Dyche offering a chance of continuity and premier league safety.

Sounds like a reasonably positive reference to me?

SilverFox

I take the view that it may appear that some (myself included) are expressing an opinion that is negative, but three things spring to mind...

Firstly, it isn't a crime to see potential negatives in things if there is good honest held reason for forming that view.

Secondly, if no one questioned anything and we all had to be blindly optimistic in the face of proven facts we would be doomed to just keep repeating our mistakes over and over.

Thirdly...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 30

lesterboy

It was the owners who decided to fire him, and that is an actual real life fact

And it is they who have appointed a complete and utter clown in his place. That is also a fact

So yes, I can safely blame the owners for both of those events

If we are looking at facts then maybe we need to add that it was the owners who wrote off our debts - fact.

It was the owners who paid for 3 x multi million pound forwards - fact.

The owners gave Pearson, the utter clown, numerous chance to stay at the club - fact.

The owners are successful business people who are out to make even more money and can not do that without a successful premier league team - fact.

Claudio has successfully improved almost every club side he has managed to date. I for one think he will do the same with city and take us up another level. I don't think he is the long term answer regarding the owners want for European football but maybe we will be in a position to attract a manager who can once we step up a level.

PFKAKTF FOX

I rated Pearson so highly as a manager and was gutted when he left however I also saw some pretty erratic behaviour throughout last season. The owners are far from trigger happy and as the team did their end of season lap of honour I doubt NP's position had ever been so secure.

The timing of his departure would also suggest, it was far from strategic, however what we do know is his son was involved in a vile incident that resulted in the sack, a decision that the majority of fans supported, so what happened or how did NP react that forced the owners to remove him from his position and place themselves in the firing line.

lazzer

I was also pro Pearson based purely on the team spirit he had built and the realisation that we had something special going on which had been lacking for sometime .
I was gutted by his departure purely based on what effect that would have on the team .
Knowing why he left would help people to come to terms with the situation . In the absence of information we are relying on speculation. I wonder as in the case with Martin Allen we will ever know .
When I saw the list of prospective managers I very nearly wept openly at the smorgasbord of uninspiring dross on offer.
On hearing the new appointment I can honestly say I has no feelings one way or the other.
What I do know is that in 4 weeks time we will be getting in the roller coaster again and we all know how dangerous they are .
So after 10 games I will be able to judge more accurately if he is up to it or an ill chosen clown.

Brown Nose

I can't believe the level of negativity of some posters. **** off and die, ostrich gate and throttling a player were confronted by our owners by 'turning a blind eye' at the same time as we were bottom of the league for 140 ****ing days. I despair of people sometimes.

All very true but I'm afraid we're going to have to get used to a significant minority of our fans that have entered a period of mourning that will put to shame Queen Victoria's morose years yearning for Prince Albert.

For years to come, we'll get 'NP would have won that game' or 'NP wouldn't have signed that player'. It's coming, we all know it is.

NPs acolyte's will not be pacified by Claudio Ranieri. They wouldn't be pacified by Jose Mourinho or Jurgen Klopp. The messiah is dead and they will long for a 'third coming' until they're dribbling in their wheelchairs.

The Old Fox

The fact that Claudio Ranieri is not being treated as the Messiah might work in our favour. Much of the problem with Sven was that he had to come in and perform miracles from day one so, he made grand gestures. I am hopeful that CR will be able to organise a season with no relegation worries, and perhaps a cup run: whether he can take us beyond that, who knows?

If, by Christmas, we are in a similar position to last season, then we might need to call this appointment a mistake but, at this stage, we can do no more than hope that Ranieri feels that he has a point to prove, and that he continues the upward trend of LCFC.

Feriol

Following a popular manager is always difficult. Just ask Moyes.

Even though he is a capable manager, everything he did differently to Ferguson would have met with derisions, even though they may not have been in the open.

It's natural to think that Ferguson achieved way more than Moyes so Moyes must be wrong. So it would make players less than enthusiastic about following his instructions.

If we had hired Howe, Dyche, Lennon, or the like they would encounter this same obsticle.

As has been proven at Man U it takes an experienced and respected manager to get things back on track. Even though he does things differently the players will have confidence that it will still work, and may even be better.

Of the realistic candidates only Hiddink or Ranieri would fit the bill IMO. (Possibly O'Neill but although he is a hero in Leicester is an average manager in the grander scheme of things)

Mawsley

I would like to praise David for his choice of avatar. Man of mystery? Air of abstruseness? Homage to the riddler? Whatever, it just works.

image.jpg

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Matt_B

All very true but I'm afraid we're going to have to get used to a significant minority of our fans that have entered a period of mourning that will put to shame Queen Victoria's morose years yearning for Prince Albert.

For years to come, we'll get 'NP would have won that game' or 'NP wouldn't have signed that player'. It's coming, we all know it is.

NPs acolyte's will not be pacified by Claudio Ranieri. They wouldn't be pacified by Jose Mourinho or Jurgen Klopp. The messiah is dead and they will long for a 'third coming' until they're dribbling in their wheelchairs.
It's alright, we had to put up with a similar minority claiming he was the antichrist whilst he was here, you'll get used to it.

FOX Franks

I was also pro Pearson based purely on the team spirit he had built and the realisation that we had something special going on which had been lacking for sometime .
I was gutted by his departure purely based on what effect that would have on the team .
Knowing why he left would help people to come to terms with the situation . In the absence of information we are relying on speculation. I wonder as in the case with Martin Allen we will ever know .
When I saw the list of prospective managers I very nearly wept openly at the smorgasbord of uninspiring dross on offer.
On hearing the new appointment I can honestly say I has no feelings one way or the other.
What I do know is that in 4 weeks time we will be getting in the roller coaster again and we all know how dangerous they are .
So after 10 games I will be able to judge more accurately if he is up to it or an ill chosen clown.

Phenomenally safe but blown out of proportion with a single incredibly rare media story?

FOX Franks

I've taken a little while to comment on this as I didn't know too much about Ranieiri. However to me this seems like a good appointment - as has been stated, he improves most of the clubs he has been at, even if he has not been there for a long time. This can either be read as being inconsistent or being very ambitious but perhaps missing one element to go with it. What that element might be I am not sure.

The choice was either a relaxed and effectvie manager or another one with loads of pashun like Pearson - I suspect the owners saw more risk in the second.

Thumbs-up from me, although it has a slight smell of Svennis about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670