Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fair to say opinion is divided. I don't accept however that those in the uninspired camp (myself included) are basing that on a dwelling of a bygone era under Pearson. It's a damn shame what happened and we would all prefer to be carrying on from the amazing end of last season.

No, the posters on here are a knowledgeable group and have earned their LCFC opinion.

I don't accept that just because he is European and wears a smart suit he is a brilliant manager.

In 30 years of management he has won 2 domestic cups and had some success in the lower Italian leagues. He has been fired from a lot of jobs, after a short spell - too many times to be a coincidence imo.

That's why I'm uninspired.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think it's fair to say opinion is divided. I don't accept however that those in the uninspired camp (myself included) are basing that on a dwelling of a bygone era under Pearson. It's a damn shame what happened and we would all prefer to be carrying on from the amazing end of last season.

No, the posters on here are a knowledgeable group and have earned their LCFC opinion.

I don't accept that just because he is European and wears a smart suit he is a brilliant manager.

In 30 years of management he has won 2 domestic cups and had some success in the lower Italian leagues. He has been fired from a lot of jobs, after a short spell - too many times to be a coincidence imo.

How many cups has O'Neil won? He got fired from Sunderland and would have been from Villa if he hadn't walked. Hiddink left Netherlands after failing and Klopp was a ****ing ridiculous notion. I'd much rather have kept Pearson but we can't. We are in the situation we are in and Ranieri I probably the best of the bunch we could get.

I wouldn't care two bits what other people think about him were it not for the fact that it's hard enough to get our fickle supporters to make any positive noise on a match day, it will be even harder if they go into the season expecting failure.

What a state of affairs when the club hire a new manager but keep the only interview with him locked behind a paywall on Foxes Player.
Yes, isn't it great? Gives us more to moan about :)

excellent first interview imo, he has seen how solid we looked with 3 centre backs and intents to keep that system (vowed not to tinker a lot), still wants the option of 2 central midfielders +2 wide men, intends to keep the "fighting nentality" within the squad but slowly wants to add his personal stamp by teaching italian tactics, serious work starts monday, at present just monitoring players condition/fitness

excellent first interview imo, he has seen how solid we looked with 3 centre backs and intents to keep that system (vowed not to tinker a lot), still wants the option of 2 central midfielders +2 wide men, intends to keep the "fighting nentality" within the squad but slowly wants to add his personal stamp by teaching italian tactics, serious work starts monday, at present just monitoring players condition/fitness
And you could read all that without having to go behind the paywall of Foxes Player! Shambles!

And you could read all that without having to go behind the paywall of Foxes Player! Shambles!

Good to see you so happy about it. I think it's fair enough to say the club shouldn't use their exclusivity of CR to try and flog memberships to their website.

Good to see you so happy about it. I think it's fair enough to say the club shouldn't use their exclusivity of CR to try and flog memberships to their website.
Fair point. Happy for the snippet we got for free though. Quite a few interesting things there.

I wouldn't care two bits what other people think about him were it not for the fact that it's hard enough to get our fickle supporters to make any positive noise on a match day, it will be even harder if they go into the season expecting failure.

The atmosphere throughout the whole of last season was excellent, with those last few games seeing the finest 'positive noise' we have ever witnessed in that stadium, and for many years before that. It was simply outstanding

Maybe you missed it

I was going to write something very similar but you have very eloquently done it for me. It strikes me that the ones who are most bitterly upset by Pearson's self-inflicted demise are the ones who are the most vociferously anti Claudio Ranieri. As you say, whoever would have been brought in would be getting the same treatment.

I realise that you're terribly busy pointing fingers at other fans and climbing Mount Moralhighground but have you got any links to that evidence I asked for the other day? Thanks.

he said all the right things in the latest youtube video.

BAsically saying wont change much from the way we played in our good run end of season.

Ranieri's 'failures' that resulted in him getting the sack include 3rd place in Italy and 2nd place in France. Personally I could live with that level of failure.

Ranieri's 'failures' that resulted in him getting the sack include 3rd place in Italy and 2nd place in France. Personally I could live with that level of failure.
Only a total clown achieves 2nd and 3rd place man, get with it.

It's his deep routed record of getting loads of teams relegated that bothers me.

Aye, but his record at Hull and Carlisle doesn't match up with that of the only manager good enough for Leicester City.

Thanks for being the first (that I've noticed) to at least give an explanation of why you're unhappy with Ranieri's appointment. It's more than most others have done.

It's ridiculous, unless I missed the bit where we're aiming for the title this season, but at least you explained yourself.

Ranieri may fairly be considered a 'nearly man' but to consider him a clown or a disaster is ridiculous.

Remember that we are talking about Leicester City. A recently promoted team that were out of the top flight for a decade. Who spent most of last season rock bottom and needed (and thankfully produced) a miracle to survive.

If we nearly finish in the top half it will be a massive leap forwards. To suggest that Ranieri isn't good enough for us, is baffling.

If you need a further reality check, consider who Newcastle were able to attract!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669