Post Match Club Brugge 0 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

popillius

Amartey was exceptional. He took up some fantastic positions between the back four and the midfield. I really do like the look of him. Okay, he was pretty poor at Annfield but they all were. Albrighton was also fantastic. His work rate was excellent and his positioning at times was superb. We may have been playing against a sack of loose stool water but we were very good and they couldn't get near us.

Brown Nose

Brugge were a pub team. Our reserves would have won comfortably.

Missed opportunity that I hope we don't regret if we're lacklustre Saturday.

Blaarev

I thought you were watching the baking thing

M17TT C

Excellent result but surely I can't be the only one that thinks the scoreline flattered us a bit?

Well, apart from BN of course!

popillius

Jesus, there's always a bitter aftertaste with you isn't there? Just enjoy the fact we have won three nil in the Champions League and stop being such a miserable bastard. If we don't get a result on Saturday then I am sure there will be an inquisition into why from all corners of the club and it's fandom; you can enjoy your 'I told you so' moment then. For now, cheer the **** up, have a beer and be content that the team you are supposed to support is doing something you never thought you would see them do in your lifetime.

David Gwilliam

Take that Hercule Poirot. Take that King Philippe and that nice Queen Matthilde. Take that you Knights of the Golden Fleece. Take that you waffle sellers and makers of chocolate at rip-off prices. .

Seriously Leicester played well and Bruges were awful. I still have doubts about Hernandez at right back. Musa has not been given much pitch time but does seem to make things happen. Somebody at Villa made a terrible blunder in letting Albrighton go - aside from his goal. his general play was very good.

I like battle hardened players but the trouble is you have to play players in order for them to become battle hardened. I expect Amartey to have a bright future. He was poor against Liverpool when he was against very good players in top form. It will do him no harm in the long run and he got a useful ninety minutes today. Grey clearly has ability although he seems to lack composure neat goal.

The general feeling in the pub was dismay that Mahrez was taking the penalty. He scored but in the long run I think Vardy is a more natural penalty taker and if Leonardo is on the pitch he is better still.

Porto may prove more difficult.

SilverFox

Jesus, there's always a bitter aftertaste with you isn't there? Just enjoy the fact we have won three nil in the Champions League and stop being such a miserable bastard. If we don't get a result on Saturday then I am sure there will be an inquisition into why from all corners of the club and it's fandom; you can enjoy your 'I told you so' moment then. For now, cheer the **** up, have a beer and be content that the team you are supposed to support is doing something you never thought you would see them do in your lifetime.
I think he was joking.

popillius

Excellent result but surely I can't be the only one that thinks the scoreline flattered us a bit?

Well, apart from BN of course!

Seriously? It could have been a cricket score. Slimani should have been in at least twice, Vardy had chances. It was so easy it was laughable.

dpjfox

Armarteys improved defensive performance was the big difference from the weekend . Also think Slimani has the strength and workrate to suceed in the Prem.... great win hopefully confidence restored lets follow this with a couple of wins

Joe_Fox

And that is why you get up at an ungodly hour to watch the Super Foxes. Seriously, there is very little that gets me out of bed at 4.30am but watching Leicester makes it seem easy. Onwards and upwards, starting with a big win against Burnley.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Those throws from Fuchs and Hernandez is like having an extra 8-10 corners per game!

Billyjof

I read somewhere from someone:

Best away debut by a Premier league team in the Champions league EVER!

No source for that, think it was Facebook.

Matt_B

I read somewhere from someone:

Best away debut by a Premier league team in the Champions league EVER!

No source for that, think it was Facebook.
According to the Mail article, we're the only premier league club to win their first away matvh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669