Club Finances - WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
An astonishingly generous move by the club. Even if they can write off some of it against tax, they have given up the right to ask for £100m to be paid back! Santa Claus is a Thai!

Debt free and we own the stadium - incredible. All we need now is promotion and 2013/14 will go down as a historic season.

Fair play to a family I previously criticised. Though it doesn't make them immune for criticism as some assume.

Either they have learnt the hard way or they genuinely have fell in love with the sport and the club.

Fair play to a family I previously criticised. Though it doesn't make them immune for criticism as some assume.

Either they have learnt the hard way or they genuinely have fell in love with the sport and the club.
Don't hazzitate so much

This must be the single biggest investment that's ever been made in a Championship club. Astonishing!

After-match interview:

Stringer: The club is now debt-free.

Nigel Pearson: That's nice.

Incredible really considering they have no historic connection to Leicester.

i am intrigued why someone would, in effect, squander more than 10% of their assets on out football club. given that their assets are not liquid, thats even more incredible. i wonder if we see the complete picture here and whether there is anyone else involved apart from the thai's. guess we wont find out unless we get to the 'promised land'. in the meantime, its superb news and i wonder if tony fernandes looked so miserable yesterday cos he knows he has to do the same for QPR !

This is astonishingly good news.
I don't agree with BN that the owners had no other option - I think they could have kept the status quo, dealt with the consequences of FFP, kept pocketing their interest payments etc etc.

So this is really now a great springboard to move forward with less fear and uncertainty, which initself aids the promotion push, but also helps if we need yet another season to get promotion.

Oddly, in the year that we literally went for broke and threw millions at SGE, being able to almost buy anyone and outspend anyone proved a curse. Therefore I hope that lessons have been learnt and I hope that this time financial prudence continues to some extent not least so that on the playing side we don't upset the stability and harmony of a squad that is doing very well. I think a bit of money being there if a key player gets injured is really useful (or if he loses form for an extended period) but I don't think in January the club should return to the days of being "big spending Leicester..."

If promotion is secured, that is the time to invest heavily (but still reasonably sensibly) but lets not ruin a first half to a successful Championship campaign by going on an unnecessary spending spree.

Last edited:
Just don't clap the ****ers, they don't deserve an ounce of thanks from anyone, bastards.

I suspect that Birch will have the Thai son and/or father down on the pitch before the Reading game so we can show our appreciation.

And I think we should.

They have given up the right to walk away and say 'We want our £75+ million back.'

Whatever mistakes they made with backing Silly Sven with Silly Money, they have now committed to the long term. We will have to be a considerable time in the Prem before our club will be valued at anything like £107 million.

And whilst they could siphon some of the Sky £40+ million a year out, they still have to keep us in the Prem to increase the value of the club to get any return on their now huge investment.

I am pleased to be amongst the majority on this board, in not having criticised our owners. The few on herer, and the rather more on a different site, who have so done, should feel genuinely embarrassed.

Certainly, when the Srivaddhanaprabha family took over LCFC, I do not think that they had a great deal of knowledge about Championship football, but one only has to look to Cardiff to see how much worse a take over could be. I truly believe that everything that they have done has been with the best interests of the club and, in that light, it is hard to hold their occasional errors (like appointing NP as manager - you'd be disappointed were I to change my mind, be honest :icon_bigg) against them.

This is a truly magnanimous gesture! :038::038::038:

Great news. I thought when they took over they were the Rakriaksorns. I noticed some time ago that their name changed in the programme notes. Often wondered why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669