Club Investigating Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately it will now be taken all out of context by sensationalist media looking for dirt. You can see on the clip he is clearly taking the pi** out of a bunch of people that know nothing about football. It's a non story.

How many times have we seen Mourinho or Ferguson drum up a bit of controversy - intentionally or not - to take the heat and focus away from their players.

Take the slap on the wrist Nigel and move on

Unfortunately it will now be taken all out of context by sensationalist media looking for dirt.

And by moronic hysterical queens faking outrage, when there is none

Ignore the stupid feckers, Nigel, and move on

If anyone involved has actually made a formal complaint about this they should be embarrassed.
Could be the same people that complained about Robbie Fowler showing his Y Fronts to the crowd at Filbert Street

NP should have come out today and apologised for losing in in the heat of the moment. That would be it for me. We've all done something we regret at times. But he hasn't and, if he remains true to his character, he will believe that it is his right to say what he likes to who he likes.

If were Nigel, I'd say, yes, I'll apologise for what I shouted if that person comes and apologises to my player first.

Pearson like any manager of a consistently losing side at this level of football must feel under immense pressure and no doubt will have been ultra tense at the end of a bad evening - lost game, pivotal defender sent off and suspended, bottom of the league. No wonder he reacted. Whilst he is manager the club should support him. Cliff Ginnetta is not part of the club and he and his organisation are about as relevant to LCFC in 2014/15 as my Cup Final programmes from the 1960s.

It's a bit like when we mouth off at other drivers when behind the safety of the windscreen - we (well most of us) would never do it face to face. The guy in the crowd lost it;and thinks it safe to mouth off; it strikes a cord with an uptight Pearson and he lost it too ...and it gets recorded.

I bet Big Jock Wallace would have reacted if he had been baited in the same situation.

The club should give a final warning of removal of his ST to the 'fan' - and show support (privately) for the manager, without dignifying the matter with any formal statement. If the club wants to do any investigating they could have a go at finding out why we did f--- all to meaningfully strengthen a Championship level squad in the summer. Did they believe we were adequat or was this a way of rationalising unwillingness to invest properly.

Cliff is one of the main reasons I believe a lack if fan presence at most clubs is a good thing. We can never reach a consensus on anything so you'd always need a spospokesman and it always ends up being bellends like him.

Him calling Nigel 'arrogant' is unbelievable. NP may be many things, including being stubborn, but arrogance isn't one of them.

The club should give a final warning of removal of his ST to the 'fan' .

Really? That surely would be the thin end of the wedge. There are far more objectionable things said and done at football matches than that. As others have said, Nigel really should have risen above it but any club sanction against the instigator for this would just be making a scapegoat out of him. Until such time as football is finally sterile let's all man up and accept this as a non event that will occasionally happen in an emotionally charged atmosphere.

Make them fight at half time I say, Top can give the final verdict on whether the loser is killed.

Where is David Gwilliam these days? Doesn't he sit right where this occurred...

Good point Fox Fan. He's always seemed a bit of a trouble-maker to me.
I very much doubt Mr Gwilliam would be responsible.
A single line lazy twats remark aint his style.

Now, if someone was seen handing Peesan a strongly worded letter in excess of 3 pages(both sides) in length, then you'd have your man.

A man of Mr Gwilliam's standing would not write a letter using both sides of the paper.

I very much doubt Mr Gwilliam would be responsible.
A single line lazy twats remark aint his style.

Now, if someone was seen handing Peesan a strongly worded letter in excess of 3 pages(both sides) in length, then you'd have your man.
Indeed. The very suggestion that Mr Gwilliam would ever use an insult of less than 1000 words is obscene.

Just watched his pre-Villa press conference live. It sounds as though the owners were abused as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669