Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

d70g

Guys and gals... I often pay a visit here; LCFC for nearly 40 years, live far away but often find both news and intelligent analysis to be found at this place first.

However, tonight alone I've read five or six overtly homophobic comments during a horrible defeat. Seriously, do you guys feel proud of this?

Huh?

Watchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

eg: 9.33, match thread, by Homer:

Look at those two cocksucking fops sat there like a pair of wet farts

eg: 9.33, match thread, by Homer:

Look at those two cocksucking fops sat there like a pair of wet farts

Shocking.

I'm betting that farts don't like being called wet either.

He should be banned. Banned good and proper.

I agree with you in premise d70g, I would never make comments like that myself and neither do I like to hear/read them either, but it's just part of internet culture, you just have to live with it, confronting it only tend to make it worse, as I'm sure you're about to see in this thread with people who will end up claiming all kinds of "language doesn't have power" "it's political correctness gone mad" yadayadayada.

Guys and gals... I often pay a visit here; LCFC for nearly 40 years, live far away but often find both news and intelligent analysis to be found at this place first.

However, tonight alone I've read five or six overtly homophobic comments during a horrible defeat. Seriously, do you guys feel proud of this?

Guilty. Apologies.

I agree with you in premise d70g, I would never make comments like that myself and neither do I like to hear/read them either, but it's just part of internet culture, you just have to live with it, confronting it only tend to make it worse, as I'm sure you're about to see in this thread with people who will end up claiming all kinds of "language doesn't have power" "it's political correctness gone mad" yadayadayada.

What are you? Some kind of thread Nazi? Anyway, Godwin for them tonight I guess.

Shambles.

correct sir, but if you don't fight against what is obviously wrong, you become complicit. i'd just like a LCFC forum that doesn't have to stoop too low

In fairness, I wouldn't label myself as homophobic or hateful....but I know that doesn't excuse using slurs.

I was just trying to have a bit of a laugh. If you find it offensive though, that's fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669