Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salt Laczko.

Can't disagree, this whole 'wearing a mask will save me' is nonsense. I've seen people using supermarket trollies with gloves on, only to wipe their face with the glove still on.
What does that achieve exactly?!

Don't know about the masks, if x% of us are walking contagiously around with pre- or undiagnosed symptoms, then those are the ones who feeble as it may be, need masking up ... i.e. all of us.

I had a trial run at the distancing lark, self-isolating with what turned out to be a bog-standard cold a couple of weeks before the lockdown. At least it gave me a chance to hone my hygiene and barrier skills which I'd score at 0/10 before and 3/10 after - it's the light switches that get me every time.

My shopping experience at the local Aldi, Loughborough is now mostly delightful, the queue orderly and not too bad around lunchtime, the shelves reasonably well stocked except for pasta and the hand sanitiser that the panic-buyers presumably boil it up in, and the check-out civilised, too..... except for the one-way thing, aaaargh!, and the ferreting around for the pack of whatever that seems exactly the same as every other one .... double aaaargh. Hope my timid protestations to the gormless youth Customer Services Manager have made a difference when I venture forth sometime next week.

Lots of fannying about for a disappointing end product. Appropriate.
Was it Cov at home? I think Barry Hayley scored and Laczko came on a looked really exciting. But then after a season of Carl Cort, Leroy Potter and DJ Campbell I guess my standards were at an all time low.

Can't disagree, this whole 'wearing a mask will save me' is nonsense. I've seen people using supermarket trollies with gloves on, only to wipe their face with the glove still on.
What does that achieve exactly?!
It’s a bit like the panic buying craze, it’s a way taking control of the situation. I’ve seen a lot of bandanas and silk scarves pulled up over mouths which would surely have very little effect on stopping particles. Anything would just soak through and get breathed in anyway.

I’ve got a couple of full face respirator masks at my work designed for vapour fumes but I’d feel like a twat wearing one at Morrison’s.

Masks are ineffective and actually may make you more likely to catch the virus. For example, when wearing a mask you touch your face more. There is also evidence that some types of mask are completely useless after three minutes, lulling people into a false sense of security. There are other reasons too.

They can sometimes help stop you giving the virus to someone else. However that is only when you're either asymptomatic or not following guidelines. Even then, you're more likely to spread it by hand than mouth.

My conclusion is that people only wear them as a psychological safety net or out of ignorance of the facts.

So why do doctors and nurses wear them?

They are effective when used properly.
The reason people have been told not to use them is because health workers need them more, and they want to stop the general public panic buying.

The specification of a medical mask including instructions about how it is worn and disposed of, makes a big difference. They also wear goggles, gloves and other protection which aids the effectiveness of them overall.

Protection matters most if you're surrounded by people with the virus in a way it really doesn't in the street or in Asda.

It's also worth saying that the masks are not stopping medical professionals from catching the virus. They are getting it in big numbers.

My point is that I've seen a lot of people wearing awful masks or scarves over their faces out and about and I just worry that they think it is protecting them when it really isn't.

I went to Asda last night and everyone ignoring distancing and one way systems were wearing masks. They seem to think it gives them immunity and **** anyone else. Passed the same ignorant **** 7 times.

I went to Asda last night and everyone ignoring distancing and one way systems were wearing masks. They seem to think it gives them immunity and **** anyone else. Passed the same ignorant **** 7 times.

Yeah, that's what I've seen and worry about.

You should go to M&S, much more up market version of Covid-19 in there. I reckon it would be a joy to get it in M&S.

It's an ASDA thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670