Coventry - 03/10/09 - 12.30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these likely to be sold out by Saturday then? Shame their not on sale at the Ricoh, cause I could easily pop in there and get them on the way home from college? :102:

Re: Covscum - 03/10/09 - 12.30pm

Are these likely to be sold out by Saturday then? Shame their not on sale at the Ricoh, cause I could easily pop in there and get them on the way home from college? :102:

It's difficult to tell, we seem to have carried on our decent away followings from last season to this season. It's also a local derby, and the 2 times i've been to the shit hole we've sold out.

I would try and buy now if that possible, if not you will have to hope we don't sell out.

I know, I read that, but you said you'd bought yours and there was a long wait, I wondered if you thought judging by the queue they would be sold out by Saturday or not.

I know, I read that, but you said you'd bought yours and there was a long wait, I wondered if you thought judging by the queue they would be sold out by Saturday or not.

Oh right sorry I thought you had not seen that.

I'm not sure, I hope it does and I think we will sell out but depending on the PNE game if we win or not !! I would say you will be ok to buy on Saturday but we have strange support so you never know. Just ring up and get them mate its much easier.

Oh right sorry I thought you had not seen that.

I'm not sure, I hope it does and I think we will sell out but depending on the PNE game if we win or not !! I would say you will be ok to buy on Saturday but we have strange support so you never know. Just ring up and get them mate its much easier.

ok, cheers, I don't think they will be sold out by Saturday, but like NF said, it's a local derby and our closest game so there's gonna be few games this season that we could sell as many tickets for. Hopefully the moving of it to a lunch-time kick-off will cause a few to shy away though.

A wait on the phone isn't unusal. I went in at about 11.45 and was the only one there. The girl who served me still had plenty next to here.

Drop them an e mail and ask them to call you. I have never done it but I understand it works well.

A wait on the phone isn't unusal. I went in at about 11.45 and was the only one there. The girl who served me still had plenty next to here.

Drop them an e mail and ask them to call you. I have never done it but I understand it works well.

ok, cheers. :icon_wink

Trains:

An off peak day return is £7.90 on the hourly service from Leicester at 16 mins past the hour, but available on any train coming back. Change at Nuneaton.

All the trains which are running at 16 mins past each hour (aka the journeys which involve a changeover at Nuneaton) are replacement buses running between Nuneaton and Coventry.

All the trains which are running at 16 mins past each hour (aka the journeys which involve a changeover at Nuneaton) are replacement buses running between Nuneaton and Coventry.

I believe last time the police made every get off in nuneaton and bussed them to the ground.

Another option that we used last time is the X6 Arriva bus from St Margarets. Not certain where else it stops (burbage maybe) but it was £5 return. Runs hourly.

Instead of using the bus, you can travel via Rugby on London Midland trains only to Coventry for the same £7.90 fare. Be warned though, the total journey time is just over 90 minutes.

Travel via Birmingham and it costs over £16.

Another option that we used last time is the X6 Arriva bus from St Margarets. Not certain where else it stops (burbage maybe) but it was £5 return. Runs hourly.

Arriva stopped running that service a while ago, it's now run by de Courcey. Timetable and fares here: http://www.traveldecourcey.com/pdfs/X6.pdf

There's also the much slower Stagecoach bus to Cov, via Hinckley and Nuneaton.

What are people's experience of the shuttle bus? Is it a load of crap?

EDIT: Scrap it.

I've used this the last couple of times we played cov. Thought it was fine, not sure what your chances are if your wearing a leicester Shirt tho! Also if its going to be difficult to get into the centre of town then its not a lot of use.

Edit: also you have to put up with all the cov ****tards

Last edited:
I believe last time the police made every get off in nuneaton and bussed them to the ground.

It's £6 return when I used it....£7.30 now. It runs via Three Pots just off the A5. Been on it at 6.30am in the morning. :icon_eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566