Coventry - 23rd Feb 2008 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's probably in here somewhere but I don't have the time to go through it.

What's the best way of getting to/from the station in Cov, are the buses regular. I have a train to catch after the match. If I have to leave before the end, will they open the gates to let us out?

Cheers!

I'm sure it's probably in here somewhere but I don't have the time to go through it.

What's the best way of getting to/from the station in Cov, are the buses regular. I have a train to catch after the match. If I have to leave before the end, will they open the gates to let us out?

Cheers!

You're right it is in in here. It will take longer for me to type it out again than it will take for you to find it.

Take the hint!

That's an odd question. I think everybody knows that I no longer go to every game. This is one that I will be missing.

Tickets arrived today. Still unsure about where to go to park - I've seen something about a "Park and Walk" somewhere but can't find directions to the place you park and walk from!

Last time I went I drove down the Longford road (go upto main M6 roundabout and take the exist for Bedworth at the next roundabout take the right towards Longford) There are loads of side roads off there with industrial units that let you park for a few quid. They are generally manned throughout the game as well. It is also only a reasonably short walk back under the M6 towards Bedworth and the Black Horse pub, one of the away pubs.

You're right it is in in here. It will take longer for me to type it out again than it will take for you to find it.

Take the hint!

Fair enough ask a dum question get a harsh rebuke, pretty standard.:icon_wink

Didn’t mean original message to sound as lazy as it did. What I meant was under the kosh at work so lack of time to read through the thread. I needed to arrange a connecting train up north the only one is 17:27. Had a quick look through the thread but couldn’t find what I was looking for, thus the lazy message.

Not been to Ricoh before, don’t want to leave early but might have to.

Hint taken though!

Fair enough ask a dum question get a harsh rebuke, pretty standard.:icon_wink

Didn’t mean original message to sound as lazy as it did. What I meant was under the kosh at work so lack of time to read through the thread. I needed to arrange a connecting train up north the only one is 17:27. Had a quick look through the thread but couldn’t find what I was looking for, thus the lazy message.

Not been to Ricoh before, don’t want to leave early but might have to.

Hint taken though!

If you must be on that 17:27 train, I think you will have to leaveat about 16:30 with possibly 20 minutes of the match still to go. You will have the added difficulty that you would be leaving before teh stadium shuttles start running back to the city centre and therefore have to get yourself up to the main road to get a bus.

If you were to leave on the final whistle, you would be at the wrong end of the ground for the shuttle buses and would therefore find loads of Cov fans in the queue in front of you for the all-important first buses. And don't forget that even when you get back to the bus station you still have a walk that Fludie reckons takes 10 minutes and I reckon will take almost twice as long. Added to that, if you are catching a train for the north, it must go via Brum and therefore will not leave from the nearest platform so even that adds a minute or two.

Sorry this is not good news. Why don't you ask the same question on one of the Coventry boards? They might be able to come up with something more accurate than my estimations.

And another hint - when you have a particular question to ask (like this one is), then ask that particular question rather than asking something more general - you may then get an answer which is more appropriate to your needs.

If you must be on that 17:27 train, I think you will have to leaveat about 16:30 with possibly 20 minutes of the match still to go. You will have the added difficulty that you would be leaving before teh stadium shuttles start running back to the city centre and therefore have to get yourself up to the main road to get a bus.

If you were to leave on the final whistle, you would be at the wrong end of the ground for the shuttle buses and would therefore find loads of Cov fans in the queue in front of you for the all-important first buses. And don't forget that even when you get back to the bus station you still have a walk that Fludie reckons takes 10 minutes and I reckon will take almost twice as long. Added to that, if you are catching a train for the north, it must go via Brum and therefore will not leave from the nearest platform so even that adds a minute or two.

Sorry this is not good news. Why don't you ask the same question on one of the Coventry boards? They might be able to come up with something more accurate than my estimations.

And another hint - when you have a particular question to ask (like this one is), then ask that particular question rather than asking something more general - you may then get an answer which is more appropriate to your needs.

Thanks for the advice:023:, I'm sure I can get a later train but I will have to get a different connection at New street and pay the excess. I never leave early esp not 20 mins.

Cov have shite messageboards.

700 tickets remain for this fixture, and only a handful of Fox Travel tickets are left.

The club have also added some comments with regards to parking at the ground and anyone who is thinking of going on the train and travalling onwards via Nuneaton:

Any LCFC supporters travelling by car will be guided to car park C at £10 per car.

Any LCFC supporters arriving at Nuneaton Station will be transferred by Travel Coventry Double Decker buses and then back again at £3 per person. They too will park up in car park C.

£10!! Feck off......

depends if you are tight with the cash or not. The parking is right outside the turnstiles, and relativly safe.

I'm looking at it relative to my match ticket, my ticket costs £11.50.

Really city fan don’t worry about parking, as I have said before head up the Longford road and there are loads of manned car parking for about 3 quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566