Coxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

Leicester are preparing a £2m swoop for Swindon's star striker Simon Cox. (Daily Mirror)

:038:

Has netted 39 goals in 76 games over the past 2 seasons, which is an excellent record in an average side. Not sure he is worth £2m though, I would have thought £1m - £1.25m would be a more realistic valuation.

From the BBC. :icon_bigg

Leicester are preparing a £2m swoop for Swindon's star striker Simon Cox. (Daily Mirror)

Better bet than Hughes. :icon_wink

Hughes has to be the better bet, granted he is hard work and not someone i would really want playing for us because of what he has done. Cox is unproven and might not adapt to a higher level.

Cox is proven, he has performed remarkably well in a side struggling in the bottom half of league one. Hughes will be a cheaper and older alternative. In line with Pearson's execellent record on signing younger players, I would be far happier for us to sign a player of Cox's ability and potential than sign a player who's better days are clearly behind him.

Cox would be a brilliant signing in my opinion. When we played them at home i was very impressed with his work rate and he always looked a threat. You only have to look at the amount of goals he has scored this season and the quality of some of the strikes. I'm pretty sure we won't be the only club after him.

didn't leicester city sue the Mirror for some certain reason earlier this season? if so they must be truth behind this rumour other wise MM is ready to sue these feckers again

didn't leicester city sue the Mirror for some certain reason earlier this season? if so they must be truth behind this rumour other wise MM is ready to sue these feckers again

yeah that will be it:icon_conf

Been on the herbal in Amsterdam this morning :icon_conf

I know you can't judge a player on one or two games - a lot of people wrongly wrote off Lambert on this basis - but Cox was brilliant at the Walkers.

never seen him play but if he's that good i doubt we will be the only ones wanting him

Last edited:
Cox is proven, he has performed remarkably well in a side struggling in the bottom half of league one. Hughes will be a cheaper and older alternative. In line with Pearson's execellent record on signing younger players, I would be far happier for us to sign a player of Cox's ability and potential than sign a player who's better days are clearly behind him.

have you seen a lot of cox pfka ?

Mandaric sued the Mirror because of something libellous.

A transfer rumour in a newspaper like this isn't libellous so there is no basis to sue.

Re-think your logic again! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469