Coxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has netted 39 goals in 76 games over the past 2 seasons, which is an excellent record in an average side. Not sure he is worth £2m though, I would have thought £1m - £1.25m would be a more realistic valuation.

What could well be the basis of any deal might be a fee around what you suggest of say £1.25m followed by a top up to £2m if they go up to the premier league. The transfer fee for DJ Cambell was similarly based on an up front fee with a top up for promotion to the premier league. But another poster is right about rumours of interest elsewhere - I too read that WBA and Newcastle were interested.

What could well be the basis of any deal might be a fee around what you suggest of say £1.25m followed by a top up to £2m if they go up to the premier league. The transfer fee for DJ Cambell was similarly based on an up front fee with a top up for promotion to the premier league. But another poster is right about rumours of interest elsewhere - I too read that WBA and Newcastle were interested.

Same division as us next season. :icon_lol:

If we are in the same division next season it is not certain that Mike Ashley will release anymore funds for a club he wants rid of. It would then come down to who is the most attractive proposition for Cox out of us and West Brom. If MM is true to his word and agrees to finance NP in the players he wants then I am sure we can grab Cox from Swindon.

'Another poster' Consty? How dare you.

I hope we can sell Matty for a fat fee.

Hughes has to be the better bet, granted he is hard work and not someone i would really want playing for us because of what he has done. Cox is unproven and might not adapt to a higher level.

I want to be able to support Leicetser players and I would feel uneasy about supporting Lee Hughes. I believe that generally we are better off getting young players who are excited at playing for Leicester. My concerns at paying that kind of money is firstly that he is the same height as Matty Fryatt and I feel we would be better off with a replacement for the ageing Steve Howard. Secondly if I was Milan I would want to know why DJ Campbell is playing well in the Championship for Blackpool.

I don't see how the fee makes any difference to us supporters. That's Milan's problem. I'd like us to get good hungry young players. Sell them on later by all means. Summer is the time to sell Matty and bring in a couple of strikers to replace him.

If we sign Cox can we play 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Michael Ball and Alan Ball supporting him down the flanks?

A formation with an attacking 3 of

Ball Ball
Cox​

has to be a winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687