Credit Crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is a good rate!!! if you dont mind how much did you have to pay for it to go through??

I can't remember, it wasn't a huge amount. It was actually 2 years ago! Jeez times flown by.

I did it just before the rates started to rise and way before there was any hint of a credit crunch, although i kind of new that it had to collapse at some stage.

apparently the limit has gone up in protecting savings from £35k to £50k

haven't a clue to be honest

i just watch house prices, libor and the base rate like everyone else

more concerned about if there's some bellend who does my job at HBOS :)

Good luck with that mate. I got made redundant and then not paid the salary I was owed last year. Took a while to get another job and its not nice.

im not particularly worried i guess the only things that i would be bothered about are if my O/H lost his job (which i doubt cos he is 1 of the best at it where he is-hopefully) and if interest rates shoot up although there is talk they could be lowered this month not that those with mortgages will notice :)

Im hoping it does drop slightly as my fixed rate is coming to an end soon and I want to get a new deal, but as you say it is unlikely the banks will pass the lower rate on.

apparently you should start looking for a new mortgage deal 6 months from the end of the new one, were on a variable rate and its not worth looking for a new deal because they usually have them with a £500 admin fee attached and we wouldnt make a saving in mortgage payments - so its a case of sitting tight and hoping for the best :icon_bigg

Hey DV I was chatting to a Fund Manager last night who thought that we're looking at a 2-3 year global recession.

Whats your view on the timescales involved for the Libor dropping? 2-3 years, or once the full impact of the higher mortgage rates kicks in on repossesions ie 12-18 months?

18 Months ago i had teh foresight to get one of those 10 year deals with Barclays, i'm locked in at %4.87 until 2016 :) Its also portable.

My business is doing reasonably well, in our market there are a lot of cowboys who sell stuff ridiculously cheap and go for the high volumes. They're now struggling as the volumes have disappeared, yet we're bobbing along making good money on smaller jobs.

apparently the limit has gone up in protecting savings from £35k to £50k

Anybody know who does a good deal on Tents ?

People may have lots in the bank and no money worries,totally uneffected by whats going on Fculk but are they really happy ?

People may have lots in the bank and no money worries,totally uneffected by whats going on Fculk but are they really happy ?

Im with ya mate, Ive known people with all the money you could wish for who weren’t happy.

Hey DV, do you know how many people work in equity analysis worldwide?

tens of thousands i'd guess, most banks have a research department

:102:

Good luck with that mate. I got made redundant and then not paid the salary I was owed last year. Took a while to get another job and its not nice.

thanks

should be ok, my skills are transferable enough

planning to move back to Leicestershire though and the crisis is mucking me about

Not too worried here, main worry will be remortgaging in May when my current deal ends.

Just taken a job with a 7k payrise which should hopefully buffer most of the impact (assuming it doesn't hit their company and I get release), the web development industry hasn't been too badly hit with regards big blue chip clients, though a lot of the smaller companies are seeing websites as luxuries at the minute.

Theres a chance I'll be going back to work for William Hill (unfortunately) so your loss is their gain...

My money worries are that great that I've gone past the stage where I worry if you get my drift.I haven't got it so they can't have it

If you owe the bank a grand or two, you worry.
If you owe the bank a million or two, the bank worries.

Go out and spend, it'll solve your problems!

Work for the government - may not be good in the good days but great in the bad days.

I class myself as lucky at the moment to be honest. I have no money, I have just secured a 10 month contract and at the end of those 10 months I shall leave the credit crunch behind and go travelling for about 12 months.

Hopefully by the time I return to the shit life it will have returned to some form of normality.

Slightly worrying as I work in the banks and building society sector, but at the moment quite comfortable as our company is expanding with a mass recruitment drive.....so something is going right, but it can all go tits up so I'm not too confident on the security.

As for credit crunch effecting supermarket prices etc. I am less than amused with the cost of food shopping going up so much as I fail to believe the goods would cripple such companies if they kept the prices as they are

As for credit crunch effecting supermarket prices etc. I am less than amused with the cost of food shopping going up so much as I fail to believe the goods would cripple such companies if they kept the prices as they are

I wonder if the producers in countries such as Asia, peru, chile etc have really bumped up their prices this much, especially as it seems the supermarkets set the prices they pay to the poor suppliers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669