Credit Crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the producers in countries such as Asia, peru, chile etc have really bumped up their prices this much, especially as it seems the supermarkets set the prices they pay to the poor suppliers anyway.

I doubt they'll be rolling in it

"Credit Crunch", my arse.

RECESSION is the ****ing word, but they've even managed to glorify it with a different name.

I wonder if the producers in countries such as Asia, peru, chile etc have really bumped up their prices this much, especially as it seems the supermarkets set the prices they pay to the poor suppliers anyway.

Pound has fallen in value against a lot of currencies.

Im with ya mate, Ive known people with all the money you could wish for who weren’t happy.

Its better to be unhappy with wads of cash than unhappy without it.

Anyway who wants to be happy?

People may have lots in the bank and no money worries,totally uneffected by whats going on Fculk but are they really happy ?
Why do people spout this claptrap?

I'd rather be miserable and loaded than miserable and skint.

I know lots of wealthy people, and I know lots of people on the breadline. In general, those with the more comfortable lifestyles are significantly happier than those without.

I don't necessarily put this down to the amount of cash they have, but their sense of achievements, their busy lifestyle and their continuing drive for more success is a major defining factor.

When you have worries in your life, isn't it better to remove as many as possible? Surely if you have health worries, it's better to have health worries without financial worries?

Last edited:
Why do people spout this claptrap?

I'd rather be miserable and loaded than miserable and skint.

I know lots of wealthy people, and I know lots of people on the breadline. In general, those with the more comfortable lifestyles are significantly happier than those without.

I don't necessarily put this down to the amount of cash they have, but their sense of achievements, their busy lifestyle and their continuing drive for more success is a major defining factor.

When you have worries in your life, isn't it better to remove as many as possible? Surely if you have health worries, it's better to have health worries without financial worries?

My point was that those with savings and plenty of money may well put up this front that they are wonderfully happy but when you scratch the surface they aren't and could be unhappy with their lot.I doubt very much they tell you exactly how they are really feeling and most people put on a front..Ob viously having money helps but I have experienced both sides of the spectrum and when I was quite well off I was no happier than I am now,its not all about what you have in the bank.People can have money without having acheived anything,you tend to measure success on life as how much you have in your bank balance and thats fair enough.I may think this way because I have **** all but I've worked hard at getting **** all.Took risks anfd they failed but at least I've tried to live my dream:102:
So No I don't think it is 'claptrap' as you crudely put it but I guess we are all different

Last edited:
My point was that those with savings and plenty of money may well put up this front that they are wonderfully happy but when you scratch the surface they aren't and could be unhappy with their lot.
I know plenty of well off people that aren't happy with the way their life is going, but to them money isn't the issue/cause. But ask them if they would rather the money be gone so that they can have financial worries as well, they'd bloody laugh at you.

For somebody who claims that money isn't important, I'm surprised you moan so much about being skint.

I know plenty of well off people that aren't happy with the way their life is going, but to them money isn't the issue/cause. But ask them if they would rather the money be gone so that they can have financial worries as well, they'd bloody laugh at you.

For somebody who claims that money isn't important, I'm surprised you moan so much about being skint.

You are misunderstanding my point but it doesn't matter.As for my moaning that might be light hearted and my way of getting through things.If I was looking for compassion then this would be the last place on Earth that I would look.

Kind of proved my point there Newts:icon_lol: I've ****ed up but I blame nobody else other than myself.My only consolation,and it is a poor one, is that I tried to live the life I wanted to,now I have to return to the drab and mundane...can't wait

Last edited:
And their i was just trying to show you some compassion :icon_lol:

Don't want you hugging me Newts..I know where you have been.I come on here to escape my situation not discuss or seek sympathy..so I'll quit talking 'claptrap' and go back to editing posts

Welcome to our world, snob.

I am I freely admit it,I don't want a drab boring job working for someone else,lining their pockets but I'm left with no option and believe me when I say that I have tried to find one.But I won't settle for it and in the words of Alan I'll 'bounce back'.

Last edited:
But I won't settle for it and in the words of Alan I'll 'bounce back'.
:038:

And why should you? You have bigger aspirations, that's admirable.

Me, I don't mind lining somebody else's pocket if I'm getting fairly rewarded. But like you, I have ambitions to further myself.

:038:

And why should you? You have bigger aspirations, that's admirable.

Me, I don't mind lining somebody else's pocket if I'm getting fairly rewarded. But like you, I have ambitions to further myself.

Maybe its aspirations I'm not particulary ambitious though:102: I just don't like working under other people's constraints.I'd rather earn less doing my own thing.I'll go and get a job or two and work my bollox off for a few years then try again with my own thing.I've still to hear back from Dolmio about my Pasta Gravy Sauce so who knows..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669