Credit Crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vodka

Yep, already read it and I now agree with you.

However, when you look at the symptoms of a recession, you could say we're already experiencing them.

agreed, but your original point was why don't they call it a recession and my answer was: it isn't technically a recession (yet)

:)

Steven

agreed, but your original point was why don't they call it a recession and my answer was: it isn't technically a recession (yet)

But it is according to the U.S. based National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER). :icon_sad: :icon_wink

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen

I know, and I agreed with you. We then moved on to further discussions.

Tamworth Fox

It has had NO effect on me at all. My savings are in HSBC, whom I trust; my view is, well yeah HSBC offer lower interest but its a strong stable bank for a say £15 extra interest whats the point moving?

My job is safe; unless i get arrested or sacked... which hopefully won't happen.

All in all, everything is fine and to answer the question, nope not affected in the slightest.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
It has had NO effect on me at all. My savings are in HSBC, whom I trust; my view is, well yeah HSBC offer lower interest but its a strong stable bank for a say £15 extra interest whats the point moving?

My job is safe; unless i get arrested or sacked... which hopefully won't happen.

All in all, everything is fine and to answer the question, nope not affected in the slightest.

that's because you don't live in the real world at present.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Don't fool yourself. We are all being affected by the current situation even if we're not savvy enough to realise it.

Darth Vodka

My job is safe; unless i get arrested or sacked...

or made redundant :)

why are you redundant proof?

when i worked at WorldCom and they filed for chapter 11, i saw thousands made redundant, the only people left were people who:-

1) did a job key to the business and weren't paid over market rates
2) people who were paid peanuts
3) both of the above

even if you do a key job within your team, ask yourself this: what would happen if your whole team went?

Macky

Gruntled Member

I could've been sure I read on here that you were training to be an accountant.
I must be mistaken.

Matt_B

Don't fool yourself. We are all being affected by the current situation even if we're not savvy enough to realise it.

You could argue that if we don't realise it is having an effect on us, it isn't, in fact, having an effect on us?

homer

You could argue that if we don't realise it is having an effect on us, it isn't, in fact, having an effect on us?

Or it could just mean that you're simply too thick to understand the impact of it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669