Crystal Palace home

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas123

I thought as i started the last thread, and we thumped burnley 4 0, id start this thread too and hope for another 3 points. Was a shame reading got all 3 points at forest, but i still believe with 6 games to go, 5 wins and a draw will put us in the play offs. Starting with another strong win in this game, fingers crossed for scunny to beat reading and derby to get a shock win against leeds. Blue army! :D

All praise Jas the thread starter.

Palace will play negatively. Hopefully the big guns will be on form for us.

just the start this thread needed, the team needs to avoid uneccessary changes, complaincency and get 3 points
Same team but settle for 3-0 Yak King Vas

Would assume the same team, although if Naughton is fit enough then Vitor might find himself unlucky to be dropped again.

3-1 win to give us hope. But then I'm going to the Reading game next weekend (sorry folks!) so it will be over.

Would assume the same team, although if Naughton is fit enough then Vitor might find himself unlucky to be dropped again.

3-1 win to give us hope. But then I'm going to the Reading game next weekend (sorry folks!) so it will be over.

I doubt it. If Bruma really does have this clause in his deal about the loan fee being based on appearances, I bet he will walk straight back in the team. And it will be Mee, not Bamba who gets dropped, even though the former was more assured yesterday. Vitor will only keep his place if Naughton still isn't fit.

Don't think Palace will let us roll over them quite as much as Burnley did and I can see this being a much closer game.

Last edited:
We should be beating Palace but they will come to frustrate us. I wasn't at the Burnley game but from what I've read they came and played on open game which suited us. Since I will be at the match on Tuesday it will inevitably end in a boring 0-0 draw.

In some ways that wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen. At least then I would be able to go back to being resigned to a midtable finish and being hopeful for next season. Every win at this stage leaves me clinging to the hope that we can sneak into sixth.

We'll beat Palace by 2 or 3 i'd say, setting up Reading and Forest as the 'season deciding' games. In all honesty we've got very little in the way of points or performances against any of: qpr, norwich, cardiff and swansea away from home and so i wouldn't expect a great deal from those two games on this seasons form.
Hopefully though the investment in yakubu, kamara, naughton, vitor, van aanholt, mee and bruma will pay off for these big games and we fcan find reserves of quality to give us the 5 wins we'll need as a minimum. Mr Eriksson needs to try and put out a settled defence for the remaining games and hope that consistent, tight performances follow (i.e clean sheets!). The quality of yakubu and kamara should really be something we use to try and pin opponents back, defending too deep and allowing us a bit of room to dominate them in the centre.
Unfortunately, the GD issue built up under Sousa might prove our undoing with so many teams likely to finish on very similar points totals.

COME ON THE FOXES - WE DID IT UNDER O'NEILL AND WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!

I would certainly pick Naughton over Vitor.

It is likely to be a different kind of game from the Burnley one. Burnley were in the same situation as us - they needed to win and a draw would have been a poor result. Palace will be delighted with a draw away from home and will try and stop us playing. We will need players who can break down defences and there are times when Naughton looks like a very good winger.

Obviously Brumah cannot be picked for this game. However, the claim elsewhere that Saturday's result shows that we are better without Brumah may or may not be correct but it is reading a lot into one game.
It does seem to me that either Brumah will have learned an important lesson from the sending off or he is a fool. I hope it is the former.

I doubt it. If Bruma really does have this clause in his deal about the loan fee being based on appearances, I bet he will walk straight back in the team. And it will be Mee, not Bamba who gets dropped, even though the former was more assured yesterday. Vitor will only keep his place if Naughton still isn't fit.

I don't really understand this. Not your comment, but the idea that that clause is what is keeping Bruma in the team.

1) How much could his loan fee really have been/how much could each game we play him in really be saving us? Surely not that significant an amount to impact on Sven's decision massively is it? Maybe enough to sway it if he's on the fence, but surely not the only reason.

2) Whatever the cost of Bruma's loan, the payoff for getting promoted would massively outweight any potential saving on his loan fee.

Makes sense to play him to save us some money if we've got nothing left to play for, but I just can't see that it is Sven's reason for playing him the whole time.

From what I've heard, highly unlikely Naughton would be fit Tuesday, unlikely for Saturday too.

Wonder if Sven has finally managed to get from the authorities what Bruma said to earn his departure - surely a game on the bench even when available is a fitting lesson to learn (especially as Sven has spoken out against desent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566