Crystal Palace match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macky said:
no, but it's 08457909090 for those that need it :icon_wink

If only you'd given me that 5 minutes ago :( Too late now.

I didn't listen to the second half. Were we terrible?

1 point off the relegation zone... Shocking. He HAS to go.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Fecking shocking, H, that should have been one of the most awkward interviews he has ever had, but no just a run of the mill interview.

I heard the post match inputs from supporters - an embarrassment; the link man who wasn't sure whether Leicester had ever been relegated beyond the top two divisions - an embarrassment and the interview with Levein on which i would comment that I wouldn't take anything said as having that much meaning, however, I do think the tone and desparate clutching at any straws in the wind e.g. the stuff about playing 'form' teams etc indicates that he is not fit for the job.

We have had a lot of comments from Levein's apologists on this forum trying to draw some comparisions with other managers who have overcome difficult spells only to succeed . I would just ask then have you ever heard Fergie, MON or Warnock talking in such negative terms....along the lines of if we can find a side bad enough who we can beat then that will give us confidence to climb the table.

Levein is simply not good enough to manage Leicester City - end of story and the only reason he is in the job tonight is because we have an impotent board.

God I feel so miserable.

Today was as I expected with the score line I expected. If 2006 is going to be this bad I think I might just go to bed for the next 363 days.

Wake me up when we next win. Are we wednesday/Man city in discuise?

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I am afraid football plays a big part for all of us and does have a major impact on our lives and I just wish it hurt the players, management and Directors half as much as it hurts the posters on this board.

I think you've summed it all up there!

Redditch Fox said:
I heard the post match inputs from supporters - an embarrassment; the link man who wasn't sure whether Leicester had ever been relegated beyond the top two divisions - an embarrassment and the interview with Levein on which i would comment that I wouldn't take anything said as having that much meaning, however, I do think the tone and desparate clutching at any straws in the wind e.g. the stuff about playing 'form' teams etc indicates that he is not fit for the job.

We have had a lot of comments from Levein's apologists on this forum trying to draw some comparisions with other managers who have overcome difficult spells only to succeed . I would just ask then have you ever heard Fergie, MON or Warnock talking in such negative terms....along the lines of if we can find a side bad enough who we can beat then that will give us confidence to climb the table.

Levein is simply not good enough to manage Leicester City - end of story and the only reason he is in the job tonight is because we have an impotent board.

I think the fact he resorted to a 424 formation shows that he knows he is coming to the end and was desperate for a result to keep him in a job.

we where ..................... nugh said

good bye cl you have to go ,now do the right thing ,go into the board meeting in the am dont say a word just hand it in with forwarding addy for your p45 ,then trun walk out pf the room dont look back ,go down the stairs ,goto your car trun around and look at what you could of had instead sod off back to hearts where you mite get the water boy job mind you ................ill stop there

god help us hope we can aford to pay him off and find a man with 1/2 the passion of this board we should be mid prem if not more

keep the faith ...................we can rebuild ..........

Last edited:
At least I'm working from home tomorrow so I can get shedded..

Xantha said:
I'm another one in that small minority though I have to say my patience is wearing very thin now. What striker in his right mind is going to want to come to us though with the position that we are in?

same here........:icon_cry:

Here's a little insight to why we are where we are.

Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 Crewe
Leicester 1-1 Crewe

January becomes a big month
Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday a big month.

Maybe we should all email Mr Davies with our thoughts on the situation. After looking at the offical site it doesnt take a genius to work out what his email will be.

Hazzman said:
Here's a little insight to why we are where we are.

Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 Crewe
Leicester 1-1 Crewe

January becomes a big month
Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday a big month.

Yes, this looks like one of those classic situations when a falling club like ours first of all can't rely on its own results; then it finds to its horror that it can no longer rely on the strugglers below to keep losing.

I think Crewe and Brighton will find it really tough to survive but I would have thought that both Wednesday and Millwall will be scenting blood as far as we are concerned.

In this situation, you need bottle and the ability to fire up the troops and there is nothing to suggest from Levein's postures that he has those attributes at this time ....generally in these situations the time comes when a manager has nothing else left to contribute and I think that is the position at Leicester now.

Redditch Fox said:
Yes, this looks like one of those classic situations when a falling club like ours first of all can't rely on its own results; then it finds to its horror that it can no longer rely on the strugglers below to keep losing.

I think Crewe and Brighton will find it really tough to survive but I would have thought that both Wednesday and Millwall will be scenting blood as far as we are concerned.

In this situation, you need bottle and the ability to fire up the troops and there is nothing to suggest from Levein's postures that he has those attributes at this time ....generally in these situations the time comes when a manager has nothing else left to contribute and I think that is the position at Leicester now.

Agree with that all the way. He's so dour in interviews that i can't see how he can inspire his players. I'd like to shake him by the throat whilst screaming 'FFS wake up to the situation man before its to late'

Yorkshire Vixen said:
well done on the 9000 mk me old china :038: :icon_wink :icon_bigg
ta chuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675