David Beckham

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many more caps does he need to beat the present record???? i (cynically) think he will retire after he has beaten it and that is possibly the only reason he is carrying on internationally

Really,I think he actually is one of the very few players who takes pride in playing for his Country nowadays,a rare thig indeed.
Don't really get the Beckham hate thing,ok he's aq bit of a ponce but there are far bigger wankers out there in the football World

Bollocks.

He single-handedly got us that qualifying point against Greece and since then has been mainly carried in the major tournaments he's played in(He should never have travelled to the 2002 WC after that injury) and apart from the odd game, has been a bit part player who as he has got older, has only had his 'eye for a pass' *ahem* to get him by, he can't tackle, can't head the ball, and when being played out wide cos they couldn't play him in the middle was beaten for pace so many times it was embarrassing.

Bollocks.

He single-handedly scored the goal that got us to the World Cup but he didn't single-handedly win it. If the defence had let in ten goals that match it wouldn't have mattered what Beckham did. As Enderby said, he can't produce for 11 players.

And why shouldn't he have travelled to that tournament? He was in his peak years and was captain of the team, carrying an injury that the experts said he may recover from in time. As far as I saw it, it was worth the risk and he turned out to be one of our best players.

So he can't tackle or head a ball? Neither can Wright-Phillips, Scholes, Joe Cole, Downing, Lennon, Milner, Crouch etc - and some of them are paid to be decent at that. His strengths are in playing passionately and leading by example. Oh and also that he is more technically gifted than almost all players we have produced in the last generation.

I look at the likes of Scholes and Carragher who 'retire' from the international scene and compare that to Beckham who, when being picked for England after surrendering his captaincy, was happy to sit on the bench and play his (bit) part. That doesn't show any signs of inflated ego to me.

Really,I think he actually is one of the very few players who takes pride in playing for his Country nowadays,a rare thig indeed.
Don't really get the Beckham hate thing,ok he's aq bit of a ponce but there are far bigger wankers out there in the football World

yeah i guess so unlike some who spit their dummies out because theyre overlooked and decide to quit international football, bet beckham will be aiming for the record and then retire not long after - just a feeling thats all and i bet the FA wouldnt be too disappointed in their blue eyed boy breaking the record either :)

never miss a chance to slag a scouser eh ?:)
i think capello will only pick beckham if he feels he is playing well enough

never miss a chance to slag a scouser eh ?:)
i think capello will only pick beckham if he feels he is playing well enough

how the hell have you worked that out :102::icon_conf there are quite a few who have packed it in :icon_conf

Bollocks.

He single-handedly scored the goal that got us to the World Cup but he didn't single-handedly win it. If the defence had let in ten goals that match it wouldn't have mattered what Beckham did. As Enderby said, he can't produce for 11 players.

And why shouldn't he have travelled to that tournament? He was in his peak years and was captain of the team, carrying an injury that the experts said he may recover from in time. As far as I saw it, it was worth the risk and he turned out to be one of our best players.

So he can't tackle or head a ball? Neither can Wright-Phillips, Scholes, Joe Cole, Downing, Lennon, Milner, Crouch etc - and some of them are paid to be decent at that. His strengths are in playing passionately and leading by example. Oh and also that he is more technically gifted than almost all players we have produced in the last generation.

I look at the likes of Scholes and Carragher who 'retire' from the international scene and compare that to Beckham who, when being picked for England after surrendering his captaincy, was happy to sit on the bench and play his (bit) part. That doesn't show any signs of inflated ego to me.

i thought scholes retired because he wanted to spend more time with his family,if people don't want to play for their country then thats up to them but beckham clearly does and he does a job when he plays.good to have around the squad as well i would think.

how the hell have you worked that out :102::icon_conf there are quite a few who have packed it in :icon_conf

oh purlease its not rocket science,that was aimed at carragher:icon_lol:it doesn't matter you have plenty of company on here.
people have their reasons for not wanting to play for their country,i don't have a problem with that:102:

i thought scholes retired because he wanted to spend more time with his family,if people don't want to play for their country then thats up to them but beckham clearly does and he does a job when he plays.good to have around the squad as well i would think.

That's the point I was trying to make :icon_bigg

having just read singths post i too thought scholes retired due to not being picked i didnt realise that was carrghers 'excuse' but youre ability to defend anything thats remotely related to LFC/scousers is quite amusing at times :081: youre more a pool fan than a leicester fan :icon_wink:icon_bigg

oh purlease its not rocket science,that was aimed at carragher:icon_lol:it doesn't matter you have plenty of company on here.
people have their reasons for not wanting to play for their country,i don't have a problem with that:102:

no it wasnt so get your facts right before you start accusing me.... :icon_wink i have just explained in my other post

When he was sent off in 1998, I was one of many that thought he was a prize A ****, however, I take my hat off to him how he has turned it around since.

As for going to LA, give me umpteen millions and I'll feck off over there, wouldn't you?

Some games he shines, some games you wonder whether it is a game too far, same about quite a few others.

He still has the ability to change a game, if that means him coming off the bench in the last 10 minutes of the world Cup semi final, and at the same time breaks Shilts record, I have no problem with that.

Maybe, we should really be looking at the requirements to win a cap!

having just read singths post i too thought scholes retired due to not being picked i didnt realise that was carrghers 'excuse' but youre ability to defend anything thats remotely related to LFC/scousers is quite amusing at times :081: youre more a pool fan than a leicester fan :icon_wink:icon_bigg

glad i amuse you.this is the football part on the forum hence i talkabout football on it,if you took the time to look you might see that i have criticised liverpool on here too but i guess that doesn't suit.
i read scholes wanted to spend more time with his family but i may have been wrong,having met carragher i can confirm he is as thick as pigshit,im amazed he found his way to the training camp

no it wasnt so get your facts right before you start accusing me.... :icon_wink i have just explained in my other post
behave you hate them its clear and thats your right:102: no need to explain yourself.im not keen on the welsh or most of them:)

youre more a pool fan than a leicester fan :icon_wink:icon_bigg

i see more of liverpool than i do leicester so i probably comment more on them and im bound to defend them a bit because they are hayleys team,you defend and supporthull city as well:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669