Confirmed Transfer Dean Hammond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideal signing for us. He sits in front of the back four, covers space, tackles well and keeps it simple. He isn't an exciting sort but he's exactly what we need if we're playing three in midfield.

Don't know a great deal about him but seems a consistent performer at this level and an extra midfielder can't be grumbled at.

After reading about him it seems he could be ideal to play the holding role allowing DD to play further forward where he has looked better imo so seems a good signing.

Certainly wasn't expecting a full transfer and throws a bit of a spanner in the works for the FFP pessimists as he'll be on at least the same as what Marshall was, if not more.

good stuff, we needed another body in central midfield; getting someone with his experience is a bonus, from what the soton fans are saying he sounds like a no-frills central midfielder, major drawback seems to be lack of pace but you don't need that for the 'neil lennon' role. seems like we haven't had a 'new neil lennon' since junior lewis, nice to have a genuine candidate. and he'll be wearing number 7!

Certainly wasn't expecting a full transfer and throws a bit of a spanner in the works for the FFP pessimists as he'll be on at least the same as what Marshall was, if not more.

As Southampton sent him out on loan all last season, he may have been in the same situation as some of our players, in that they just wanted to get rid of him. So I imagine the fee was pretty small. If we're paying him what we paid Marshall, we'll still have improved the financial situation with Marshall's transfer fee being higher.
It could also mean deals are in the pipeline to move other players out. It'll be interesting to see if any of the regulars are missing from today's squad.

Interesting and favourable siging.
As said many a time DD, JM & AK are much of a muchness, none really that holding midfielder. From games I've seen, they almost get in each others way.
If DH is to be that holding midfielder, it'll mean whichever 2 of the 3 picked can be more supportive of the front men.

Hammond, King and Knockeart would be my central midfield now, having a solid defensive midfielder would enable us to give Knockeart a free role.

Hammond, King and Knockeart would be my central midfield now, having a solid defensive midfielder would enable us to give Knockeart a free role.

I would be very surprised if James and Drinkwater were left out.

Don't get too excited by his signing. Could be a straight replacement for Marshall. bit of a flash git so I hear. Not sure if he has a Bentley though.

Brighton fans not over fussed about him not going back to them.

Where on earth have you picked up that impression?

Nothing I've seen suggests anything of the sort. In fact, he sounds like just the sort of player we need.

Players called Hammond always are. Why did Nigel not consult the internetz before making this signing? Boooo etc.

I also heard he's got a bigger, more expensive Bentley than Marshall had

Will Peeshon EVER learn ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675