Pre Match Derby v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its become embarrassing to read club quotes and other comments that suggest that we are still in the mix for the play offs this season.

I really don't now how naive anyone would have to be to share in this delusion.

The club are aiming for the idiots to cough up to watch our play off push, it's very unlikely they'd come out and say "please pay up to see our 15 meaningless fixtures" so I wouldn't expect them to be honest about it.

I reckon we could win this one but if we don't we're likely to draw or lose it. Quite frankly I am beyond giving a shit about our results other than ones in the cup now.

Embarrassing?

Who gives a shit. No other team cares what our manager or players think so we should we be embarrassed.

While there is still a chance of us making the play-offs, even if it is a 0.01% chance we should be playing for it and up for it. Simple as that.

Personally, I'm glad NP has come out and said there will be repercussions for anyone in the camp who says the season is over. Absolutely the right attitude to be installing into the players. Our players/staff spouting defeatist bollocks so they are not "embarrassing" is a horrible attitude for them to have.

Last edited:
Embarrassing?

Who gives a shit. No other team cares what our manager or players think so we should we be embarrassed.

While there is still a chance of us making the play-offs, even if it is a 0.01% chance we should be playing for it and up for it. Simple as that.

Personally, I'm glad NP has come out and said there will be repercussions for anyone in the camp who says the season is over. Absolutely the right attitude to be installing into the players. Our players/staff spouting defeatist bollocks so they are not "embarrassing" is a horrible attitude for them to have.

Completely, 100% agree.

I don't think we have any chance of making the playoffs, but would not want to hear that come from the club at all. I want them all to fighting for it until it is mathematically impossible.

I reckon we could win this one but if we don't we're likely to draw or lose it.

Would you bet your house on it? I'm not going to use tips from people who aren't going to back them up with their own money.

Let's hope the players don't have the same attitude as a lot of you.

I still think we will make the play-offs, but automatic promotion might now be beyond us.

I still think we're going to win the league at a canter, all the papers told me so at the beginning of the season.

Let's hope the players don't have the same attitude as a lot of you.

The players should be motivated enough by their wages and the desire to perform both individually and as a team. The real object is to get into a position where we can be a serious challenger next season - this means starting to perform consistently now.

There has been far too much nonsense spouted about achieving promotion, getting into the play offs etc - lets get who is motivated and good enough to play for the club sorted so it isnt just all talk again next season.

Pearson isn't a fool - he knows the situation and I can't see anything wrong with anybody looking reality straight in the face.

If you feel differently that's absolutely fine and your right to do so - you might want to consider getting straight down to the bookies and putting money on it. You'll get slightly better odds today than if you wait until we possibly pick up 3 points on thursday night and close the gap to a mere 8 points (prior of course to the games at the weekend!)

Redditch, no one is saying that people think we will achieve promotion or get into the play-offs. I don't think anyone here would think it is likely, but while there is a chance of doing so, we shouldn't give up the fight. That kind of defeatist attitude goes completely against what you are saying about getting into being a challenger next season. We need the right attitude to be able to do that and giving up all hope while there is still a chance, no matter how slim is not the kind of attitude you want to breed to be able to do well.

If we want to build a promotion challenging side for next season, then saying that this season is not over is exactly the kind of the thing we want our staff and players to be saying and exactly the type of mentality we want our players to have.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure we will either get promoted or we won't. Although I don't think we'll get relegated, we may.

It is not the players job to believe they can now achieve promotion, I simply hope they believe in their own ability enough to simply not write the idea off completely.

It is not the players job to believe they can now achieve promotion, I simply hope they believe in their own ability enough to simply not write the idea off completely.

Exactly. It's the players' job to go into every game looking to win and to try and get as many points as possible on the board by the end of the season - if that results in a playoff place, then great, but they should be looking to win every single remaining game.

No problem at Pride Park.Hull City won there on NB"(who?)s debut.This was with the team forged by NP (Nigel Pearson)-but of course with an attacking twist.Easy win for the Foxes.

I have spent too many meetings listening to people trying to impress with initials and acronyms - my least favourite was DoW for Duke of Wellington. CE is welcome as all sensible supporters of HC are to the LC forum but for the sake of clarity can we avoid the use of initials on TB. Thanks DG

they should be looking to win every single remaining game.

Of course they should - and as fans we have the right to believe that they will

We all know deep down, club and players included, that that there's not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening - but for any player or official from the club to come out and say that would be completely unacceptable

Of course they should - and as fans we have the right to believe that they will

We all know deep down, club and players included, that that there's not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening - but for any player or official from the club to come out and say that would be completely unacceptable

Exactly. It's very unlikely it will actually happen, but you have to take these things one game at a time, gain confidence from victories, redouble your efforts after defeats.

There is absolutely no conceivable reason why the players shouldn't think they can beat any other team in this league.

Added to which, I think the performance over the next 15 matches will be critical in convincing our paymasters to retain Nigel for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669