Dickov to Derby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely disagree. He chases back to tackle, as well as forward to lost causes down the channels or in the corner and the goalie up front whenever he has the ball. He forces defenders to make mistakes and wins free kicks, obviously as well giving a few away when he lets a much big defender know that he is on the pitch!

He doesn't have an ounce of pace in him any more, so how he chases back and forward is beyond me.

Saturday was a fine example of the current Dickov, absolutely useless. He gives away A LOT more than he wins, and IMHO we'd be a much better squad without him.

He was a super player in his first stint here, but I'm sorry he's completely past it now.

Last edited:
Completely disagree. He chases back to tackle, as well as forward to lost causes down the channels or in the corner and the goalie up front whenever he has the ball. He forces defenders to make mistakes and wins free kicks, obviously as well giving a few away when he lets a much big defender know that he is on the pitch!

He's had a total of ten minutes this season and conceded about 7 free-kicks in the process. He's doing the opposite. Since his operation, he's finished.

Also loves to argue with this own team-mates. Rather than playing the experienced role, he just gives them grief.

admittedly i have not seen play him live recently, but I can't understand the hate dickov generates. he's always been annoying, and he's not as good as he once was - but is that enough to crucify him? if he wants to play regular football - good luck to him, even if it is at Derby.

He's only here for a pay day imho.

After he came back to us he had a very serious operation on his spine and it was always doubtful he would ever be the same afterwards so I agree the abuse he gets is very unfair.

So he should retire then. He's only here for a pay day imho.

In fairness, it's not a 'pay-day' scenario, he is playing and being paid as per contract.

When was this? In all of the recent games I have seen him play in, he has simply acted like a thug, giving away free-kicks and getting himself booked in the process. He is finished as a footballer at this level.

The fan's comment's on there are brilliant.

Last edited:
It seems to me, admittedly from listening to and not actually seeing most games, that when he comes on his biggest contribution is to give away free-kicks that either halt one of our attacks and/or give the opposition a change to launch an attack of their own.

Thanks for your first spell at the club Paul and if you were going to a club in a different division I would wish you all the best but you're not so I can't.

After he came back to us he had a very serious operation on his spine and it was always doubtful he would ever be the same afterwards so I agree the abuse he gets is very unfair.

Agreed.
I think he plays his heart out and is well capable of doing a job here, just doesn't get the chance.
Hes the most experienced here.

dickov is indecline which is sad for him. he needs to be shipped out, not shot at by city fans.
he has always been abrasive (even with his own players) and given too many free kicks. the difference now being he does not look capable of scoring goals - which is unforgivable.

good luck at derby paul - you'll need it.

Agreed.
I think he plays his heart out and is well capable of doing a job here, just doesn't get the chance.
Hes the most experienced here.

What 'job' would that be then?
Working in the club shop?
Cleaning the toilets?
Shagging the work experience girl in the toilets(that he's just cleaned)?

Shagging the work experience girl in the toilets(that he's just cleaned)?

It wasn't the work experience girl that he was alleged to have shagged in the toilets.

I can't understand why all you people think its unfair to criticise him. Past glories? Don't remember many of you sticking up for other players when they are criticised, so why Dickhead? :102:

.....because reading some of the messages, anyone would have thought he was the world's biggest C**T. (Please Note: Know one compares to Ashley Cole).
He's just lost it. Big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670