Downloading Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Anybody know any good sites for downloading movies.

I've always preferred avi files but Windows Media Centre won't stream them to the Xbox 360. The Media Center Extender in the Xbox 360 only supports playback of DVR-MS, MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and WMV video.

I know I can convert avi files to the above but it's the time and the quality issues involved, unless anybody knows any quick software that doesn't lose too much in quality

Kindest Regards,

Melton Fox
Melton Mowbray
Aged 34 and a quarter

Last edited:
I typed legit into Google, it's all gay and lesbian stuff

Anybody know any good sites for downloading movies.

I've always preferred avi files but Windows Media Centre won't stream them to the Xbox 360. The Media Center Extender in the Xbox 360 only supports playback of DVR-MS, MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and WMV video.

I know I can convert avi files to the above but it's the time and the quality issues involved, unless anybody knows any quick software that doesn't lose too much in quality

Kindest Regards,

Melton Fox
Melton Mowbray
Aged 34 and a quarter

I know a cracking site for downloading *ahem* movies it is called www.vixendoesyorkshire.com

:icon_roll Pretends he didnt know.

I meant legitimate
I see it now, it's short for legitimate :icon_redf

Of course legit', I wouldn't want somebody to post in this thread about illegal download sites.

I don't mind paying for a decent film, but at the same time.....:icon_wink

Try cinemanow, they have free (ie crap) films to download, and they do a free seven day trial if you want to watch better stuff. Some of their films can be downloaded and copied to DVD. Not sure of the formats available though.

A sampler from cinemanow:

Attack of the Giant Leeches

When flirtatious sexpot Liz Walker (the seductive Yvette Vickers) is thrown into the swamp by her jealous husband (Bruno Ve Sota), she's taken hostage by giant leeches and held captive in their underwater cavern of horror

Surely you must have this one in your collection:

The Vulture's Eye
On a solo horse ride, Lucy falls from her horse and is "rescued" by her new neighbor, the Foreign Count "Klaus Vogul". Soon the question arises: Will Lucy fall prey to the Count's perverse plans? Watch and see if she will stare into the "Vulture's Eye".

I just want to find a site where I can find a film I want in mpeg format, pay for it and download it.

Failing that, download in another file type and convert to mpeg. Although I would appreciate reccs on which is the best software

Any ideas?, I don't wish to pay a subscription fee and get free downloads. I don't mind becoming a member, but a pay on demand member

I just want to find a site where I can find a film I want in mpeg format, pay for it and download it.

Failing that, download in another file type and convert to mpeg. Although I would appreciate reccs on which is the best software

Any ideas?, I don't wish to pay a subscription fee and get free downloads. I don't mind becoming a member, but a pay on demand member

www.apple.com/itunes/store/

Go to the movies
Your favorite digital music store is now your favorite digital movie theater. Shop for hot new releases including Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, plus bestsellers and Disney library titles. Every movie you buy from the iTunes Store downloads at near DVD-quality 640-by-480 resolution(1) that looks great on both your computer and your iPod.

Last edited:
Cheers Ox, I'll just nip off and have a butchers

Some of the sites do this are available only in the US, due to licensing problems. I know itunes in the US sells films and TV programmes and were planning to introduce it in the UK, but I'm sure they won't be in the format you need.

Some of the sites do this are available only in the US, due to licensing problems. I know itunes in the US sells films and TV programmes and were planning to introduce it in the UK, but I'm sure they won't be in the format you need.

There is the new system film production companies are trying to get into. Basically for the same fee of a cinema ticket on the day of release, you can download once. I think only 3 films have ever done it, none of them successful.

There is the new system film production companies are trying to get into. Basically for the same fee of a cinema ticket on the day of release, you can download once. I think only 3 films have ever done it, none of them successful.

There are also some where you can buy the DVD online, and you can download it at the same time so you can watch it before the DVD arrives, but this is more expensive than just buying a DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669