Ear Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHS

Long shot I know, but has anyone on here had, or know of, anyone that has ever had ear surgery??

Long shot I know, but has anyone on here had, or know of, anyone that has ever had ear surgery??

yep, when i was a kid had 3 ops on my ears to insert grommits left me with scared ear drums and tinnitus but other than that fine.

oh, the grommits were supposed to grow out and leave my body but i still have one embedded in there

yep, when i was a kid had 3 ops on my ears to insert grommits left me with scared ear drums and tinnitus but other than that fine.

oh, the grommits were supposed to grow out and leave my body but i still have one embedded in there

Have you had any problems with your ears since?

Have you had any problems with your ears since?

occasionally when i get a cold they'll fill with fluid and the tinnitus is recurrent, may hearings not as good as other people but its not that bad. A bit of a problem distinguishing noises behind me so i do appear to be an ignorant **** sometimes even when im not meaning to be

occasionally when i get a cold they'll fill with fluid and the tinnitus is recurrent, may hearings not as good as other people but its not that bad. A bit of a problem distinguishing noises behind me so i do appear to be an ignorant **** sometimes even when im not meaning to be

Are you sure that's not just your comb over getting in your ears?

Reason I ask is I found out today (well yesterday if you want to be pedantic about it) that I need surgery. I've never had surgery and especially being on such a delicate part of the body I'm quite worried - I've been told that a bone in my ear will need to be drilled (aren't the bones in the ear the smallest in the body?) and I've been warned that I could permanently lose taste in the right side of my mouth.

Reason I ask is I found out today (well yesterday if you want to be pedantic about it) that I need surgery. I've never had surgery and especially being on such a delicate part of the body I'm quite worried - I've been told that a bone in my ear will need to be drilled (aren't the bones in the ear the smallest in the body?) and I've been warned that I could permanently lose taste in the right side of my mouth.

oww! can't really offer up comment really, as i was so young, but i still have difficulties but on the plus side i've had no pain since i were a nipper.

i do remember the pain being excrutiating when ever i had an infection so on the whole i'll say it been worth it.

plus tinnitus can be fun, i've answered about a million door bells that have turned out to be in my head:icon_lol:

being serious, you've got to take it advice from your doc then way it up Vs the pain your suffering now to see if it will be worth it for you

oww! can't really offer up comment really, as i was so young, but i still have difficulties but on the plus side i've had no pain since i were a nipper.

i do remember the pain being excrutiating when ever i had an infection so on the whole i'll say it been worth it.

plus tinnitus can be fun, i've answered about a million door bells that have turned out to be in my head:icon_lol:

being serious, you've got to take it advice from your doc then way it up Vs the pain your suffering now to see if it will be worth it for you

Yeah definitely, it needs to be done. Been getting ear infections every 3-6 months of my life, and FINALLY someone has worked out what the problem is.

Yeah definitely, it needs to be done. Been getting ear infections every 3-6 months of my life, and FINALLY someone has worked out what the problem is.

all i can say is good luck, i really hope it works.

listening to metal at unconscionable levels probably don't help:icon_bigg

all i can say is good luck, i really hope it works.

listening to metal at unconscionable levels probably don't help:icon_bigg

Cheers mate. Doctor said that if it isn't sorted within the next couple of years then things could get very serious.

And yeah hours of Limp Bizkit and Nirvana probably haven't helped my cause!

If possible avoid amputation, this could lead to problems in the future if you wear glasses or a hat. :icon_wink

Last edited:
Got a CT scan in preparation for my operation next Thursday. Anyone had one before??

My op is on Friday April 16, which means I'll more than likely miss the home match the following day! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669