Edgar Davids on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Googling Davids it is quite obvious that his agent has been touting Davids all round Europe for the last year. Something does not add up in clubs not meeting his demands, but it never says why. So we don't know if it is money, appearances, needing to be fit or what.

I hope he does not turn out be a diva, just playing the odd game when he feels like it and then signing autographs all round the world in a City shirt at our expense.

David Gwilliam

I am a little down that Mr Mandaric can't talk to more upcoming Serbian players about our club, as opposed to the likes of this rumour - assuming this is a Mandaric attempt of course.

I am not keen on having a 36 year old come out of retirement for one reason only - a payday in a league that he will see as an anti-climax. I would like to see some young Eastern European players join us. Obviously they would need to be properly scouted rather than emergency measures like the two Hungarians brought in a couple of years ago.
What we need are players with natural ability who want to play for Leicester in the Premiership at some point and will not get the chance at their present club. This can either be because they are at a top four club like Hobbs, a small club like Morrison or perhaps the best bet a good club in an unfashionable league like Tunchev.
I remember reading that Steve Walsh had been scouting in Eastern Europe last year. Presumably none of the players he watched were good enough and I trust his judgement - though that would never have stopped Martin Allen signing them.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
I remember reading that Steve Walsh had been scouting in Eastern Europe last year. Presumably none of the players he watched were good enough and I trust his judgement - though that would never have stopped Martin Allen signing them.

Why would Martin Allen have sent a scout? Simply being told a player is good by his agent or watching him a couple of times on Youtube was enough for Allen (he was clever like that, you see), and none of his transfers had anything to do with personal gain. Definitely not. Ever.

Profondo Rosso

Why would Martin Allen have sent a scout? Simply being told a player is good by his agent or watching him a couple of times on Youtube was enough for Allen (he was clever like that, you see), and none of his transfers had anything to do with personal gain. Definitely not. Ever.

Did he not ask Cheltenham fans last year to suggest players for him to sign? :081::081::081:

Spanky Fox

Any news on the deal from the Netherlands today, or has it gome off the boil a bit?
Nothing much really in the papers in the morning, alot was about Ajax win last night!

tedfoxxx

I heard from a good source that Fiorentina are now chasing him. Although it was a pay as you play deal offered.

Anyone know if theres some truth in that? :102:

Because if they are then its a closed case surely? I mean they are in the CL.

Well if they are in for him I guess that's that.

But it seems odd that a club of that size would leave it for over a year to offer a him a deal rather than move in straight away.

Biff

A bit off topic, but at present, Cheltenham don't have a scout, unless you count my mate, who is a friend of John Schofield (assistant manager, who is in charge while Allen is on BNP duty).

He has been asked to take notes at Lincoln home games, and send a report to Cheltenham on how the opposition line up, play and who are their danger men. Low budget or what :102:

tedfoxxx

Potential Edgar Davids songs?

'Edgar is a Rasta, he wears a Rasta's hat,
He lives with Richie Wellens......etc'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687