Edgar Davids on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biff - would you say that clips on Youtube are a decent guide to a player's current ability?

How could you ask such a question - of course they bloody well are.... Why we are wasting money on scouts and have Steve Walsh employed in a Youtube world is beyond me.

Surely that's implied? He's the manager and deals with transfers - I really have no idea why people think Milan would start sticking his nose in and trying to sign players when he's never done it during Nigel's time in charge and at a time when he is supposed to be doing all he can to keep Pearson at the club.

Besides, when was the last time you heard a reporter ask "We hear the club are interested in signing Player X, but are you personally interested in signing him?"

The only time we know that Milan and a manager have disagreed over a transfer was Hasselbank and then Martin Allen got his way despite making Milan look silly and leaving Hasselbank rightly annoyed.

I had originally thought that Tunchev coming from Bulgaria would be down to Milan's connections in Eastern Europe but it turned out it was completely on the recommendation of Steve Walsh. Obviously Milan always has the final say but I would guess it is a Walsh/Pearson deal.

Hasselbank not only agreed terms but was asnnounced in Wikipedia as being a Leiceste player and I seem to remember him being photographed wearing a Leicester shirt. I will believe he is a Leicester player when he comes on to the pitch with the rest of the team. I will believe he is a good signing when and if he plays well for us.
For the moment I would rather we spent money on a good player at a smaller club who sees us as a route toward playing in the Premiership as we did with Wellens.

Hasselbank not only agreed terms but was asnnounced in Wikipedia as being a Leicester player...

Feel free to go to Wikipedia and announce yourself as a Leicester player if you want to.

Anybody can edit, add or subtract information in Wikipedia articles, that's why it is such a dubious source.

Anybody can edit, add or subtract information in Wikipedia articles, that's why it is such a dubious source.
True but someone nearly alway edits it back to what it should be. Its not reliable for academic purposes, but generally is for just getting a bit of info.

Maybe i'm playing devil's advocate, but based on the comments made by his agent we'd hear something over the weekend and no indication has been made yet (and lets face it an announcement on a saturday is more likely then on a sunday) it ain't looking too good.

though i guess they could tie things up today and announce it monday morning. Either way i reckon we'll know for definite before we kick off against Reading.

I am inclined to agree, I'm sure I heard somewhere that we had scheduled a press conference today, but then that never got said again

I am inclined to agree, I'm sure I heard somewhere that we had scheduled a press conference today, but then that never got said again

The scheduled press conference for today is the pre match conference ahead of our game on Monday.

Stringer tweets after the press conference:

Leicester City Nigel Pearson is still chasing Edgar Davids he won't break the bank + he will have to go through the usual tests. More online

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670