Editors

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tempted to buy it after being really impressed with there set at glasto, and also listening to the first album again

I've heard 3 tracks off it and they all sounded very good,as long as you like that type of thing.Its not one that will have you whistling along to,apparentluy its about Death:102:

I've heard 3 tracks off it and they all sounded very good,as long as you like that type of thing.Its not one that will have you whistling along to,apparentluy its about Death:102:
i liked the stuff of the first album-might hold on for a bit until a buy this one yet though

I have been saying for one month or so now

It's great album, top 3 for the year so far IMO.

Dark and depressing and not to everyone's tastes.

But I loved it. Much better than the debut. Might go listen to it now on my iPod.

Unfortunately some of us are stuck in the dark ages and do not own I Pods etc,so I have to wait until the Release Date until I buy Cds.I actually enjoy waiting,I remember going into Ainleys to get Records at 9 am on their day of release...the good old days:102:

Unfortunately some of us are stuck in the dark ages and do not own I Pods etc,so I have to wait until the Release Date until I buy Cds.I actually enjoy waiting,I remember going into Ainleys to get Records at 9 am on their day of release...the good old days:102:
you can buy the cd and stick it on your ipod though highland

sod it i'll order it of cd wow for 6.99

I was naughty and downloaded mine when leaked. I shall probably buy though - waiting till it's gone down to 8/7 quid in 3 months time.

Heard a lot of comparisons between their new album and Joy Division. Are there any genuine comparisons or is this just plain bollocks?

Heard a lot of comparisons between their new album and Joy Division. Are there any genuine comparisons or is this just plain bollocks?

Still nowhere in comparison for dark content, although tis true that the bass is more to the forefront and his voice is sounding more like Curtis. They are still too jaunty to be like Joy Division.

The Press just like to pigeon hole bands,there are similarities between the Editors and Joy Division but I don't think they sound that much alike.Its not that important anyway,I think bands are analysed too much,if you like them you like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669