England v Kazakhstan

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are both great players. Great players should be adaptable. They should be able to play together. I'd tell both of the ****ers to sort it out if they ever want to see another England cap.

:icon_bigg i thought the midfield was terrible but lampard was slightly the better player only because he set up a goal or 2 apart from that i dont remember hearing lampards or gerrards name during commentary - says it all

They are too similar and shouldn't be in the same team.Different Managers have tried it and it clearly doesn't work and it should be ditched for once and for all.One holding Midfielder and either Gerrard or Lampard but not both.I would choose Gerrard but thats not a surprise.

I think Ashley Cole is out of Wednesdays match anyway.Please tell me Phil Neville isn't in the Squad

Last edited:
I'd have to say that Gerrard is probably the better all round player but I can't ignore the evidence of my own eyes. England played much better against Croatia when Gerrard wasn't playing plus the fact that Lampard edged it in terms of performance on Saturday.

Maybe Lampard is better at following the tactical orders than Gerrard:102:.

If anyone is dropped on Wednesday it should be Gerrard.

I'd have to say that Gerrard is probably the better all round player but I can't ignore the evidence of my own eyes. England played much better against Croatia when Gerrard wasn't playing plus the fact that Lampard edged it in terms of performance on Saturday.

Cant make my mind up on this one. Was the team set up wrong in the first half by Capello? or was it the same old story of Gerro and Lampard not being able to play in the same team? Imo it was a collectively poor effort in the first half against Borats boys, and like another team i know, they seemed to carry an heavy burden of pressure playing on their own muckheap.

get your tin hat out if/when hf reads this :)

i hardly criticise gerrard?????????

No just Scousers in General....:)
Steven Gerrard needs the team set around him like it is at Liverpool.Benitez is building a team round him.He won't,quite rightly,get that at England so maybe it is better starting with Lampard.Anybody who thinks Lampard is the better all round player though is a fool IMO.
I do think Lampard is awell overrated player and in a lot of Chelsea matches he goes missing let alone England games

Last edited:
Didn't see last nights match.Another average performance I take it.Certain players letting the side down again were they ?

Didn't see last nights match.Another average performance I take it.Certain players letting the side down again were they ?

For me it is what is becoming a “typical” England performance. Lack luste first half only highlighted by a cracking goal from Gerrard. Belarus came back into and looked lively. We then finished them off with superior fitness in the second half which you would expect from premier league players. Heskey man of the match for me.

For me it is what is becoming a “typical” England performance. Lack luste first half only highlighted by a cracking goal from Gerrard. Belarus came back into and looked lively. We then finished them off with superior fitness in the second half which you would expect from premier league players. Heskey man of the match for me.

I would imagine thats the Capello way,never going to be spectacular

I would imagine thats the Capello way,never going to be spectacular

Probably true. Its getting results though. I think he has probably realised that the one thing our players have over most other teams in the world is superior fitness/stamina and he is using that to win games. Getting Rooney scoring again has been a big help. 6 in 3 games is pretty good going compared to his previous England scoring record.

I thought they played really well. Kept the ball and played as a team.

There was a period of 20 minutes where Belarus were pretty good but we survived and played superb second half.

Wtf was Brown doing on their goal? Ducked.

Last edited:
I think in the past we have always tried to play the way that many other European teams do instead of playing to our strengths and imposing our 'style' on to the opposition.It seems Capello has remedid that but like I said I doubt its going to be all that pretty to watch

I think in the past we have always tried to play the way that many other European teams do instead of playing to our strengths and imposing our 'style' on to the opposition.It seems Capello has remedid that but like I said I doubt its going to be all that pretty to watch

Pretty doesn’t bother me the facts are 4 wins out of 4, scored 14 conceeded 3. Best ever start to a world cup campaign. That will do me just great. I agree though, it is nice that we are playing to our strengths rather than playing in the style of other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669