England vs NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st Innings: England 128/5. Suprised no English cricket supporter has started this thread, maybe its because NZ are not a great team so the arrogant English fans and media think it will be a walk in the park and no need to comment on such a game, not so much of a walk in the park is it :102:

I bet you'd waited all series as well. Shame.

this ones down to the wire NZ 234-9 needing 246 to win

NZ win last ball. England still have no clue how to play the one-day game and build an innings. That 300+ in the first match was an outlier.

crap

Fair play to Collingwood for putting his hand up admitting he wrong appealed against the run out.

NZ winning is no suprise to me what so ever, they are a decent ODI side. As stated they are superior to England per the ODI rankings.

Thought Shah was terrific for England. Shah seems to really perform in the ODI.

FFS, are you taking the piss now :icon_lol:

What were you expecting me to say :102:

Example-

:038::038::038::038: WELL DONE NZ. What a victory, thoroughly deserved after that c**t Collingwood tried to cheat a victory. If any other cheating f****r did it the press would have a field day. Have that journalists and fans. England are not so "superior" now are they ?

The latter is what I'm actually thinking, but i dont want to come across as anti-England. I did however think in the end Collingwood did the right thing and from what i'd seen of the highlights Shah played a decent innings.

I'm I the only one in thinking there was nothing wrong with the run out? Sidebottom was going for the ball and the bastman was trying to get to the other end both were equally to blame for the collosion!

I cant remember which commentator said it but they basically said "...is this about winning the game or about the game of cricket?" Its about winning the game, in a couple of years time nobody would have said England won the series but there was a run out which was controversial.

Also, although obviously not as relevant now, if England hadnt have appealed would the run still have counted?

Final question, I am bit confused with the circumstances of the last ball. I am right in thinking NZ needed two to win, they managed to run one, but then due to over throws managed to get the second? Is it not the case that if the game is tied after 50 overs it goes down to the amount of wickets you lose, meaning NZ would have won anyway??

Is it not the case that if the game is tied after 50 overs it goes down to the amount of wickets you lose, meaning NZ would have won anyway??

According to Bumble.........' a tie is a tie and the loss of wickets does not matter'

The rules are probaly different for the national game to the domestic game:102:

Last edited:
I'm I the only one in thinking there was nothing wrong with the run out? Sidebottom was going for the ball and the bastman was trying to get to the other end both were equally to blame for the collosion!

I cant remember which commentator said it but they basically said "...is this about winning the game or about the game of cricket?" Its about winning the game, in a couple of years time nobody would have said England won the series but there was a run out which was controversial.

Also, although obviously not as relevant now, if England hadnt have appealed would the run still have counted?

Final question, I am bit confused with the circumstances of the last ball. I am right in thinking NZ needed two to win, they managed to run one, but then due to over throws managed to get the second? Is it not the case that if the game is tied after 50 overs it goes down to the amount of wickets you lose, meaning NZ would have won anyway??

The umpire cant give anything out without an appeal

It was Collinwood's decision to uphold the appeal which is the problem. The collosion isn't causing the trouble.

England in big trouble:

NZ managed to dig themselves out of a hole by getting to a very respectable 266/5. England are currently 156/6. England require another 111 runs with 4 wickets and 11.5 overs remaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669