Enzo Maresca - Leicester City Manager

Maresca out.

Bring back Micky Adams, he played a style that suited the players and got us promoted. None of this modern style!

I'm very worried! Just listened to EM's press conference before the Cov game and he doesn't sound very confident at all! Hes already saying that the players can't play his style and it sounds like he's getting his excuses in already!? I hope I'm wrong, and I know he comes in under difficult circumstances, but he just doesn't sound like he knows what to do and a bit lost. I wonder if he sounded like this on his interview?

I'm very worried! Just listened to EM's press conference before the Cov game and he doesn't sound very confident at all! Hes already saying that the players can't play his style and it sounds like he's getting his excuses in already!? I hope I'm wrong, and I know he comes in under difficult circumstances, but he just doesn't sound like he knows what to do and a bit lost. I wonder if he sounded like this on his interview?
It is to be expected. He has had such limited time with the team. Expect the first few months to be rocky.

Why the feck should I sit patiently watching some stupid fecking system that isn't working? It's cloud cuckoo land thinking.
Give it a chance, BN. None of us know if it is or is not working yet, do we?

Genuinely makes a big difference regarding connection with the club.

Also reinforces how much of an energy sapping **** Rodgers was
But to be fair, if Rodgers leapt about like that every time Celtic score against the rubbish opposition they are up against, he would need joint replacement surgery by December

Got it about right here - there’s a bit more anger in me that players paid squillions of pounds can’t make a simple ****ing pass, but pretty much spot on

This one hit home:

Perhaps the most interesting sensation so far has been to see players you’ve never heard of streaking away from our defence and shanking their shot miles wide.

It’s happened in both home games so far and, despite the initial horror and the tightening of the stomach, it actually eases the mind. It’s a reminder we’re not facing Mo Salah or Erling Haaland any more, when that situation equals goal - particularly when we had a goalkeeper who faced one-on-ones like he was allergic to footballs.

This one hit home:

Perhaps the most interesting sensation so far has been to see players you’ve never heard of streaking away from our defence and shanking their shot miles wide.

It’s happened in both home games so far and, despite the initial horror and the tightening of the stomach, it actually eases the mind. It’s a reminder we’re not facing Mo Salah or Erling Haaland any more, when that situation equals goal - particularly when we had a goalkeeper who faced one-on-ones like he was allergic to footballs.
Completely agree.

And one of my slight niggles with the way we’re playing is looking into the future. If we were in the Premier League right now, we’d concede 4 or 5 a game. But we’re not.

I keep having to remind myself that we’re only a few games in so there’s every chance we can learn to play this style of play better throughout the season, so that we’re prepared for next season if we do get promoted. Let’s hope so.

Completely agree.

And one of my slight niggles with the way we’re playing is looking into the future. If we were in the Premier League right now, we’d concede 4 or 5 a game. But we’re not.

I keep having to remind myself that we’re only a few games in so there’s every chance we can learn to play this style of play better throughout the season, so that we’re prepared for next season if we do get promoted. Let’s hope so.
Balanced post, ****ing hell. Did you get laid last night or summat? ;)

Balanced post, ****ing hell. Did you get laid last night or summat? ;)
I thought I’d still get called a troll for posting something slightly negative.

How dare I say we’d concede 4 or 5 a game in the premier league right now etc etc

I think that no matter how well we play this sytem it is still massively vulnerable defensively.

The standard of player that we can attract will never pull this off at a top level Imo.

Enjoy this season once it gets going but that's about it.

We achieved in the PL when we played a different way to others and were able to form a solid base, this system gets royally ****ed by anyone remotely decent.....imo

Completely agree.

This is where I'm at too. I'm not necessarily expecting us to be further down the road, like you say it's early days. Trust the process, I guess.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663