Enzo Maresca - Leicester City Manager

Those who are unsure, I can understand that it's a risk, but who of the other linked managers would you have preferred? Except Potter, who we have to assume wouldn't come.

I'm not sure any of the names linked or were reasonable options were attractive.

So personally I'm much happier we've gone a bit left field.

I'm excited by it. I hope it works!

I know very little about him, and I have no idea if this will work out but I think it is an appointment that tells us a lot about where we are.

We have signed an ambitious manager and I doubt he would have come here without assurances that the resources are available to be serious about promotion, which suggests maybe the finances aren't so dire.

In his (admittedly brief) interview I liked that he was already saying "we" and talking about the style of play and philosophy which suggest he has really bought into the project here. While I don't know if that philosophy will work out, I like that this isn't just another job to him (the other contenders being journeymen and flops) so at least he cares about what he achieves here.

Doesn't mean it won't fail, but at least it suggests it won't be through lack of trying or support.

I know very little about him, and I have no idea if this will work out but I think it is an appointment that tells us a lot about where we are.

We have signed an ambitious manager and I doubt he would have come here without assurances that the resources are available to be serious about promotion, which suggests maybe the finances aren't so dire.

In his (admittedly brief) interview I liked that he was already saying "we" and talking about the style of play and philosophy which suggest he has really bought into the project here. While I don't know if that philosophy will work out, I like that this isn't just another job to him (the other contenders being journeymen and flops) so at least he cares about what he achieves here.

Doesn't mean it won't fail, but at least it suggests it won't be through lack of trying or support.
I’d be worried if he wasn’t invested in the project given it is the day of his appointment.

Great. We should be OK when he leaves/is sacked then.

bought into the project here.
What ?

You mean the project where the entire club sat around with their fingers in their ears going " la la la I'm not listening " as everything we achieved over a decade was pissed away ?

" The project " was the one that saw us achieve promotion, perform the greatest escape in the history of the PL to survive, then proceed to top it by becoming the biggest priced winners of a major trophy in the history of organised sport.

That project ended & the legacy of it has been pissed away by a procession of clueless no marks & their criminal negligence, complacency & incompetence. In the process saddling us with a ****ing white elephant training complex that cost a ****ing fortune & will now be filled with championship players. All funded by future PL money that we'll no longer be getting.

There is no ****ing " project " anymore in any coherent sense. Just a desperate hail mary to try to get back to the golden land as quick as possible before we risk another dive into obscurity for another decade.

****ing project.

Nobody at board level at this shambles of a club could ****ing spell it much less come up with one.

I can't even begin to describe the icy cold dread I'm feeling at the prospect of watching whats left of the squad trying to play 58-passes-out-from-the-back Man City football in the bastard championship.

I want to believe. I really do. But who the **** can we afford, who'd actually come here, who can actually play that way ? Kids from Man City on loan ? Thats about it. I can forsee a weekly bumming being the norm pretty quickly if thats what we end up relying on.

Shit or bust.

He'll either be inspired or gone by Xmas. I can't see any middle ground with an appointment like this.

At least it's not Gerrard.

What ?

You mean the project where the entire club sat around with their fingers in their ears going " la la la I'm not listening " as everything we achieved over a decade was pissed away ?

" The project " was the one that saw us achieve promotion, perform the greatest escape in the history of the PL to survive, then proceed to top it by becoming the biggest priced winners of a major trophy in the history of organised sport.

That project ended & the legacy of it has been pissed away by a procession of clueless no marks & their criminal negligence, complacency & incompetence. In the process saddling us with a ****ing white elephant training complex that cost a ****ing fortune & will now be filled with championship players. All funded by future PL money that we'll no longer be getting.

There is no ****ing " project " anymore in any coherent sense. Just a desperate hail mary to try to get back to the golden land as quick as possible before we risk another dive into obscurity for another decade.

****ing project.

Nobody at board level at this shambles of a club could ****ing spell it much less come up with one.

I can't even begin to describe the icy cold dread I'm feeling at the prospect of watching whats left of the squad trying to play 58-passes-out-from-the-back Man City football in the bastard championship.

I want to believe. I really do. But who the **** can we afford, who'd actually come here, who can actually play that way ? Kids from Man City on loan ? Thats about it. I can forsee a weekly bumming being the norm pretty quickl;y if thats what we end up relying on.

Shit or bust.

He'll either be inspired or gone by Xmas. I can't see any middle ground with an appointment like this.

At least it's not Gerrard.
This hurts to read because it’s true.

Former midfielder Maresca had been brought in over the summer following relegation from Serie A.

He had been working in the Manchester City Under-23 team for the 2020-21 season, while before that worked as an assistant manager at Ascoli, Sevilla and West Ham United.

The 41-year-old lasted only 14 competitive games on the Parma bench, winning four, drawing five and losing five.

His team scored 18 goals and conceded 21, so the 1-1 home draw with Cosenza proved the final straw after a humiliating 4-0 defeat at Lecce on November 7.

Sorry guys. I’m massively underwhelmed. We need experience not an experiment.

He was manager there for 14 games

That's his managerial career....pretty much all we have to base our negativity or positivity on. Other than that he's been a coach for a team spending billions to buy trophies. At least it's not Frank etc etc.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463