Enzo Maresca - Leicester City Manager

Although, conversely, I met him during that season and he was convinced we'd win (albeit this was later in the season).

Works for talksport. The majority on there don't actually voice opinions, just things they think will make good soundbytes. The fact we're all aware of the bollocks he spouts kinda proves it works. Very few hours of stuff worth listening to on that station.

Works for talksport. The majority on there don't actually voice opinions, just things they think will make good soundbytes. The fact we're all aware of the bollocks he spouts kinda proves it works. Very few hours of stuff worth listening to on that station.
I used to listen to it occasionally, but couldn’t tell you the last time I did.

And notably templated from by Robson Savage and Chris Sutton on Radio 5

I want Harvey Barnes to stay. That is all.
I'm not bothered.

If he wants out he can **** off and another contributor to our failure is out the door.

Get him out as soon as possible. Take the money and concentrate on the players who’ll
Be here all season. Same for Castagne and the like.

Of the players most likely to leave Barnes seems like the one that COULD stick around and still be effective.

That said, I still think he leaves.

If the £50M quoted can be believed then fine by me. A nice little bidding war could bump it too.

If the £50M quoted can be believed then fine by me. A nice little bidding war could bump it too.
I think that's wishful thinking...However, I think the club would be happy for him to stay, and he's clearly not forcing a move, yet. Might drive the price up.

I think Barnes would put the effort in if he stayed, but think we need to sell him to fund the rebuild.

We're in a stronger position than with Maddison so hopefully get £40m for him too

Don’t disagree with most of what he said.

It is one hell of a gamble considering his lack of experience, considering we’re a team that should be setting it’s sights on promotion. It might pay off, it might not. That’s basically what he’s saying.

Yeah we're definitely going for the all or nothing tactic - it's either going to go fantastic and get promoted or we're going to get relegated again.

Still undecided on which I think will happen though.

Yeah we're definitely going for the all or nothing tactic - it's either going to go fantastic and get promoted or we're going to get relegated again.

We're not going to get relegated. There is a lot of dross in this division, we won't be one of them.

This makes me think we should start a new thread on predictions for the 2023/24 season. You know, the list format where you put your top scorer, player of the season, flop of the season etc.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663