Speculation Esteban Cambiasso

Status
Not open for further replies.
A versatile Serie A captain would be good particularly one that covers fullback. Cambiasso would be a good influence and no doubt still better than half the midfielders outside the top six....

A versatile Serie A captain would be good particularly one that covers fullback. Cambiasso would be a good influence and no doubt still better than half the midfielders outside the top six....

I'd doubt we'd sign two defenders, unless the fanni one is a stinker.

I would think that the Alvarez deal was always on the basis Cambiasso signed, however when things started to look less nailed on, then the sudden appearance of Fanni (one could say sloppy seconds!!!), this may have been used as a bit of a wake up call to the Cambiasso team to get a move on, it appears that this deal is now reaching a conclusion and it would seem that the negotiations to sign Fanni seem to be coming to a critical period (pun intended). IMO we will now sign Cambiasso and Alvarez and Fanni will disappear back to France.

I would think that the Alvarez deal was always on the basis Cambiasso signed, however when things started to look less nailed on, then the sudden appearance of Fanni (one could say sloppy seconds!!!), this may have been used as a bit of a wake up call to the Cambiasso team to get a move on, it appears that this deal is now reaching a conclusion and it would seem that the negotiations to sign Fanni seem to be coming to a critical period (pun intended). IMO we will now sign Cambiasso and Alvarez and Fanni will disappear back to France.

Most people on here seem to think De Laet and Konch are both below the standard needed (not me) so we may sign both.

Most people on here seem to think De Laet and Konch are both below the standard needed (not me) so we may sign both.

Could be as these two would give us the additional options at full back that we currently lack and could mean that Schlupp becomes the fourth winger in the squad, maybe the long term goal was to play him at left back so he could improve the defensive side of his game and his tactical awareness with the end result being that he could become the long term replacement for Dyer.

Would be a bit harsh on Fanni if he's been training with us.

Experience is needed so experienced players who have played at the highest level can only do us the world of good... would love to see us pull these deals off!

Nigel Pearson confirmed there has been ‘no progress’ on the Cambiasso deal but he remains hopeful of a deal #LCFC

I never understand why these things drag on so long.

I'm concerned at the lack of activity in general to be honest.

I never understand why these things drag on so long.

I'm concerned at the lack of activity in general to be honest.

Because he's a high profile player who will want to make sure he gets all his options before moving?

Because he's a high profile player who will want to make sure he gets all his options before moving?

I certainly understnad that to be the reason, but that he's still looking at his options after this long does give me cause for concern.

I certainly understnad that to be the reason, but that he's still looking at his options after this long does give me cause for concern.

He may not end up here but I'd be amazed if he's the only option Pearson is considering. If he chooses to go elsewhere, so be it, I imagine we'll get another midfielder in towards the end of the window.

It's not as simple as signing a UK based player, the tax the player will pay will have to be a factor as well, which may be contributing to the delay, he may have other offers on the table abroad at the same wages but less tax. Plus they could just be haggling over the fee for his agent.

It's not as simple as signing a UK based player, the tax the player will pay will have to be a factor as well, which may be contributing to the delay, he may have other offers on the table abroad at the same wages but less tax. Plus they could just be haggling over the fee for his agent.

Reading into what Pearson said to the media, there may be more than one agent/representative who needs paying.

if we playing hardball over finances it will be very annoying. Thats the only reason I can see for the delay other than it been Esteban stalling for his own personal reasons. I think it isnt healthy to take this long to sign a player.

From Pearson's comments it seems that the first agent may not control 100% of the player's interests, hence his comments about 'other parties coming out of the woodwork'.

I would have hoped though that this is something the Director of Football and/or Andrew Neville should have established at the outset a couple of weeks ago.

if we playing hardball over finances it will be very annoying. Thats the only reason I can see for the delay other than it been Esteban stalling for his own personal reasons. I think it isnt healthy to take this long to sign a player.

So that's the only reason you can see, unless it's another reason? Bases covered!

So that's the only reason you can see, unless it's another reason? Bases covered!

Well it's the only reason apart from the other one he gave too!!

Re the deal - doesn't look likely imo the longer it drags on and we should move on to other targets (if we have any left). He isn't going to be fit so even if we do sign him he'll ideally need 2 weeks at least to get up to speed so on that basis, I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669