Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Not an ex-player, but...

Notts County manager Martin Allen has continued his busy summer in the transfer market by bringing his midfielder son Charlie to Meadow Lane.

The 19-year-old, who attracted interest from several London clubs, joins from Dagenham & Redbridge on a free.

Allen told the club website: "He comes from good bloodstock and is a player I've watched for several years.

"He's hopefully one for the future and one of a number of good young players we have at the club."

I thought Bloodstock was a heavy metal festival?! I like how he talks about the lad like he's not even his dad; I've been watching him for a few years, hopefully he'll be one for the future...

I hope Notts County realise that if it's a 'busy summer' for Martin Allen, they're about to get stuck with a whole heap of useless 'footballers'. Maybe he'll bring back Carl Cort?

Bruma agrees Hamburg loan

Dutchman to spend two seasons on loan in Germany.

Not coming back this season then.

been confirmed and looks as though Chelsea are not expecting him back. But as the initial deal is for one year they may find he comes back unless he plays up to his reputation this time.
He could always get a game in midfield though

He could always get a game in midfield though
One would hope so. If his time here is any indicator of his true ability, he's an appalling defender. I believe I used the word 'flimsy', or variations thereof, at least once.

Steffen Freund, German Under 17s manager. Currently 2 up against England in a quarter final. The German team full of Turks and Bosnians.

Alex Cisak signs for Oldham.

Just noticed that Odhiambo is going from Inverness to Turkey. It does make you wonder when you see the transfer fees for Mills and Maynard, etc!
I wish Eric all the best for his career.

Last edited:

Great signing for Charlton if they can get him back in the form he was in here under NP. Shame it hasn't worked for him at Wednesday for one reason or another (actually it's not, because I'd love to see MM and the ginger Mourinho fail, while I'd like to see Powell succeed).

wow. he didn't hang around long! I hope he does well there as he looked a real talent under Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669