Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Millwall and Bristol City are "tracking" Harry Worley.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_7028500,00.html

Apparently he didn't play a first team game for us :icon_conf

wiki must have been their reference point
Worley parted company with Leicester by mutual consent having failed to make a single first team appearance during his two-year stint at the Midlands club.

However even wiki contradicts itself.
Worley made his league debut in a 3–0 defeat to Sheffield United on 5 April 2008 ................ playing in the last game of the season in a 0–0 draw against Stoke City on 4 May as Leicester were relegated.

Great signing for Charlton if they can get him back in the form he was in here under NP. Shame it hasn't worked for him at Wednesday for one reason or another (actually it's not, because I'd love to see MM and the ginger Mourinho fail, while I'd like to see Powell succeed).

Powell strikes me as a manager that will be good with young players in particular, just like Pearson. Hope it works out for them!

However even wiki contradicts itself.
Worley made his league debut in a 3–0 defeat to Sheffield United on 5 April 2008 ...

Aye - came on as sub for MacAuley quarter of an hour from the end, just as part-timer Notts Fox headed for the exit in disgust. aka the day Flude stole the peanuts,

My Old Man says he was playing bridge and then had lunch with a guy called Frank Robinson the other day. Frank who is 85 and bright as a button says he played right half for Leicester during the war years, he also played for Leicestershire CC. Just curious and wondered if anyone has any info on him?

Patrik "Totte" Gerrbrand played the first half for Hammarby against RCD Mallorca last night. He is no better than he ever was.

Oy - Swede! Wtf does "Totte" mean?

My Old Man says he was playing bridge and then had lunch with a guy called Frank Robinson the other day. Frank who is 85 and bright as a button says he played right half for Leicester during the war years, he also played for Leicestershire CC. Just curious and wondered if anyone has any info on him?

The only 'Robinson' listed in oF&F was Walter who played for us as Leicester Fosse!

there was a Peter Robinson played for us during WW2 from Man City but he died in 2000

The only 'Robinson' listed in oF&F was Walter who played for us as Leicester Fosse!

there was a Peter Robinson played for us during WW2 from Man City but he died in 2000

Thanks for that. I am just going on an email from my dad so might have missunderstood. Even if this 85y/o is as bright as a button as my old man says, I'm not sure my old man some years younger can always be described that way. :icon_wink

This particular Mr. Robinson said he was from Leicester originally, his first visit to Filbo was in 1935 when we beat Villa 5-0 ?? He says he then played during the war years before playing for Leicestershire CC. The email then goes on to talk about him playing for his regiment, so might have been some confusion.

Any cricketer lovers wish to add their 2pence?:icon_bigg

Patrik "Totte" Gerrbrand played the first half for Hammarby against RCD Mallorca last night. He is no better than he ever was.

Oy - Swede! Wtf does "Totte" mean?
Just a generic nickname, usually for someone named Tomas/something else starting with To so I don't know the story behind it.

Saw Connor Franklin at his new club, Alfreton Town last night against Chesterfield.

Best moment of the night was my Dad immediately labelling Mark Crossley a 'forest ****' as we got into the ground.

What does it say?

[h=1]No Caley deal for Gilbert[/h][h=3]Butcher feels 'let down' by full-back[/h]Last Updated: July 16, 2011 5:29pm

KerreaGilbert_2406382.jpg
Gilbert: Squandered chance to earn a contract with Inverness

[h=3]Sky Bet[/h]

Former Arsenal full-back Kerrea Gilbert has missed the chance to sign for Inverness after incurring the wrath of manager Terry Butcher.
The defender had a successful trial period in the Highlands but was told to rest as Caley Thistle held back on a contract offer because of concerns over a calf problem.
He did not take their advice, though, instead electing to turn out forMilton Keynes Dons
spacer.gif
in another trial.
Butcher has now confirmed that linking up with the Dons dashed any chance he had of earning a deal at Inverness.
"Kerrea needed two or three weeks' rehab. He was devastated when we told him because he wanted a contract straight away," said Butcher.
"I said, look, you've been waiting a year so a month should be nothing to you now. After that, there'll be a contract for you.
"But then he goes and plays for MK Dons in a trial match. It was even on their website. So I spoke to his agent and told him he wouldn't be getting a contract here.
"I just binned it. He has let us down badly."

Terry Butcher's a twat. Does he really expect the lad to turn down a trial with a club in a proper league in favour of a contract he probably doesn't know the terms of yet and won't even begin for several weeks?

Ryan McGivern scored for Man City in their 2-0 win over Club America!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669