Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

:081:

Saw Fettis.

In that case, you were the only one that did - he never played for us!!

Some might remember him playing against us. He was certainly in the Blackburn side the day Chris Sutton got a hat-trick and we didn't start playing until we were 5-down. Stuart Wilson scored with his first kick after coming on as sub and Rob Ullathorne got his only League goal as City got back it back to 5-3 in about 10 or 15 mad minutes, but that was as far as the recovery got.

Carlstrand named in the squad for 28/2/98 defeat at Blackburn, unused sub.

The same 5-3 defeat that I mentioned above.

Did he actually make this move? I know there was talk of it but he still appears as a player/coach on the Rochester Rhinos site and does not appear on the Colorado Rockets site.

Not sure it is official yet...

"At least one anticipated change is expected to be the hiring of Smith's former teammate and friend Steve Guppy as an assistant coach. Guppy has been a coach with the Rochester Rhinos of the USL First Division, and though Smith emphasized that the pursuit of Guppy is "an ongoing process" with "nothing confirmed," both Guppy and the Rhinos have indicated the coach will be leaving Rochester to join the Rapids staff."

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20081112&content_id=203273&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

In that case, you were the only one that did - he never played for us!!

I said I saw him didn't say for whom or where, clever clogs. The others I'd never even heard of. :018:

I said I saw him didn't say for whom or where, clever clogs.

:081::081::081:

Who was Andy Johnson again? The name's familiar but I can't remember when he played or anything like that.

Carlstrand named in the squad for 28/2/98 defeat at Blackburn, unused sub.

Harper loaned from Pompey in 2004, started at Rotherham and Coventry.

Murphy, Hodges and Hyde, all keepers, never got off the bench.

Lenhart came on as a sub of Jamie Lawrence in a League Cup win over Scarborough (25/9/96).

Andy Welsh was loaned from Sunderland on two occasions - March to May 06 and October 06 to January 07.

:038: get stats

I remember Welsh now the others have been lost in my memory

Sorry, missed the discussion about Carlstrand.

After Leicester, he went to play in Norway for Strömsgodset. 1998 he moved to Elfsborg in Sweden and a couple of years later he went to Västra Frölunda (Gothenburg) before he went to GAIS (also Gothenburg) where he retired 2004.

I found an interesting interview:

You have some international experience as well?
Yes, I played for Leicester for a while. I did really well and the manager wanted to keep me in the club, and many other clubs offered me a contract but in division 1. I should have stayed! I did the mistake of my life there. But I had heard about Rosenborg's success in Europe so I thought Strömsgodset would be the same as they were playing in the UEFA Cup, but they weren't good at all.
You lived with a Swede in England?
Yes, I lived with Pontus Kåmark! We had a lot of fun, it was a bit different to have a Swedish mate who could guide me.

its amazing how many players have played for us since we've been out the premiership-so many names you forget

I think only four of them ever made an appearance, so you'll be only one of thousands of City fans who have never heard of most of them. You should hang your head in shame about Ian Andrews though - he made well over 100 appearances for the club in the 80s before returning to the club twice around the turn of the century (as stand-by goalie and goalkeeper coach).
tbh apart from the obvious players i can name very few players from before i started going down regularly in the early 90s

its amazing how many players have played for us since we've been out the premiership-so many names you forget

yup, and then some bastard reminds you of them all :icon_sad: depressing

tbh apart from the obvious players i can name very few players from before i started going down regularly in the early 90s

Yes - sorry - that was a bit insensitive of me. As you suggest, Andrews isn't a legend in the true sense of the word and there is no reason to believe that his reputation would have live on.

Not many keepers have let in 5 goals in consecutive games for the city. didn't Ian manage that?

must be my age.

is there anywhere online with a list of Leicester football scores going back to the day?

is there anywhere online with a list of Leicester football scores going back to the day?

If you know a rough date I'm sure soccerbase might?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570