FA Cup 3rd Round draw

What a total bag of shite

Can watch three of those games in the Premier league already. It’s the ****ing FA Cup you total shitcunts. Show us something different

Wankers

It's the same every year and there is a very good reason for it.

If you selected a Wimbledon v Ipswich or a Peterborough v Leeds, nobody would watch. Whenever that sort of game is selected, the viewing figures are terrible. Whenever Man Utd are selected (which they almost always are irrespective of fixture) viewing figures are high.

The TV companies get very few opportunities to show PL sides so they're always going to prioritise them when they get the chance. If you were in charge of BBC/ITV sport, you'd do the same because it's your job to maximise viewers.

From Fosse Supporters Travel:

Regarding the upcoming FA Cup game at Millwall in January, after careful consideration of various factors including the nature of the game and potential risks involved, we have made the difficult decision to not run coaches for this particular fixture.

Our primary concern is the safety and security of our passengers, and we feel that the environment surrounding Millwall fixtures presents a level of risk that we are unable to ensure for our coaches and travellers. Historically, there has been consistent anti-social attention directed towards away coaches during visits to Millwall with the last visit to Millwall in 2021 resulting in coaches being damaged.

Ensuring a safe and enjoyable journey for our customers is paramount.

While we understand this might be disappointing news, please know that we prioritise your safety and comfort above all else. We sincerely hope for your understanding regarding this decision and look forward to continuing to assist you with future travel arrangements for other fixtures.

We greatly value your ongoing support and hope to continue serving your travel needs in the future.

Is Ben Chilwell their new CEO?

What a total bag of shite

Can watch three of those games in the Premier league already. It’s the ****ing FA Cup you total shitcunts. Show us something different

Wankers
To be fair it will be different. We'll get to see the PL sides put out players we've either never heard of had forgotten were still on their books.

Palace Reserves v Everton Reserves. Thrill ride for the ages.

I've spent some time in the last few years trying to explain, at various points, to people under 30 how the FA Cup 3rd round used to be one of the most eagerly anticipated days of the season.

The looks you get.

It's as if I'm speaking Yiddish, backwards, through an interpreter with a stutter.

I've spent some time in the last few years trying to explain, at various points, to people under 30 how the FA Cup 3rd round used to be one of the most eagerly anticipated days of the season.

The looks you get.

It's as if I'm speaking Yiddish, backwards, through an interpreter with a stutter.
It’s like the first round of march madness, you know?!??

If you selected a Wimbledon v Ipswich or a Peterborough v Leeds, nobody would watch. Whenever that sort of game is selected, the viewing figures are terrible. Whenever Man Utd are selected (which they almost always are irrespective of fixture) viewing figures are high.

The TV companies get very few opportunities to show PL sides so they're always going to prioritise them when they get the chance. If you were in charge of BBC/ITV sport, you'd do the same because it's your job to maximise viewers.
**** the TV companies

Absolutely. Arsenal v Liverpool on BBC one will get massive viewing figures.

Wouldn't be the same if it was Port Vale v Portsmouth would it now?

Leicester's FA Cup Third Round tie away to Millwall will be a 12:30 kick-off on Saturday 6th January.

Or just one like the good old days
Nah.

The good old days was MOTD & Star Soccer, no live football apart from the FA Cup final , European finals & internationals, every game on a Saturday at 3pm or Wednesday night, pay on the gate on the day (or not, depending on the severity of the hangover) £1.30 for Pen 2/3 (U16s 70p in Pen 4) borderline food poisoning from the cardboard burgers, piss weak tea, the smell of rollups in your nostrils for 2 hours & getting trampled on by strangers in the football mosh pit when we scored.

I'd give a year off my lifespan to re-live one of those days over again (with us winning obviously)

I genuinely would.

Took it completely for granted at the time.

Nah.

The good old days was MOTD & Star Soccer, no live football apart from the FA Cup final , European finals & internationals, every game on a Saturday at 3pm or Wednesday night, pay on the gate on the day (or not, depending on the severity of the hangover) £1.30 for Pen 2/3 (U16s 70p in Pen 4) borderline food poisoning from the cardboard burgers, piss weak tea, the smell of rollups in your nostrils for 2 hours & getting trampled on by strangers in the football mosh pit when we scored.

I'd give a year off my lifespan to re-live one of those days over again (with us winning obviously)

I genuinely would.

Took it completely for granted at the time.
It's often the way with pubs, life and other things. You need to use them while you can, if the landlord dies/changes/moves it's never the same again. As a (late) cycling friend used to say "Exploit it".

It's often the way with pubs, life and other things. You need to use them while you can, if the landlord dies/changes/moves it's never the same again. As a (late) cycling friend used to say "Exploit it".
Too true.

It's women mostly. I'll find myself in some public place & some attractive woman will walk in & grab my attention. The brain starts doing that thing it's always done since I was about 13. Speculating about the possibilities, casual fantasies, maybe I should try to start a conversation ?

All of this happens in the space of about 4 seconds...then cold reality strikes as I remember the truth.

Her Dad is probably younger than me.

Bollocks.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566