FA cup final 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Odds from #####.

This is the final event of the current vBookie season

##### FA cup final preview

HAMMERS VALUE AT 9/2 TO CAUSE SHOCK
Liverpool v West Ham - Saturday May 13th, 3.00pm ko, live on BBC1 / Sky Sports 2 Is the final piece of domestic silverware looks destined for Merseyside?
Liverpool are red-hot outright favourites at 2/7 here at ###### to lift the trophy (West Ham 5/2 outright), and those odds are not surprising considering that the Reds are on fire right now, having 11 straight wins in all competitions (their best run for 17 years!). Not forgetting that they knocked out Chelsea and Man United on their route to Cardiff, and did the double over West Ham in the league.

The evidence for backing Liverpool is compelling and I wouldn’t put anyone off from taking ######’s 8/13 for them to win in 90 minutes. But if you’re looking for bigger odds, then why not take a crack at their Correct Score market, where a bet on 2-0 and 2-1, at 11/2 and 7/1 respectively, could reap dividends. The ###### First Goalscorer market is also a good source of value, as they’ll give you your money back if your selected player scores the last goal in the game instead. Unsurprisingly, Liverpool players dominate this market but, as with most Liverpool games, it could pay to look beyond the strikers, and Steven Gerrard looks a decent punt at 11/2 and even better value at 6/4 to score at anytime.

However, while Liverpool are the most likely winners, whether they’re entitled to win like 8/13 shots is another matter, and West Ham (9/2) must have a better chance than their current odds suggest. The Hammers are on a good run of their own having won six of their last 11 matches in all competitions and arrive here on the back of confidence boosting 2-1 win over Spurs last weekend. So, with a shock due (it’s been 11 years since a clear underdog won!), the value call has to be West Ham to win in 90 minutes at a tasty ###### price of 9/2.

Much bigger odds on West Ham can be found in ######’s Double Result market, where the Hammers can be backed at 11/1 to be drawing at half time and winning after 90 minutes, compared to 3/1 for Draw / Liverpool. As with all Cup finals, both sides will be playing with a degree of caution leading up to the interval, so (whichever side you fancy) it makes sense to include the half time draw in all such bets. For those of you who fancy the draw in 90 minutes, then ######’s quote of 13/5 is standout!

The game should be a cracker, and even better odds might be available once the match kicks off via ######’s Live In-Play Console – up to 14 dynamic markets available. For example, Middlesbrough were as big as 25/1 In-Play during each of their amazing UEFA Cup comeback wins, which just goes to show that big odds (and wins!) are available for those of you who keep the faith and choose this exciting form of betting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Webbo, are you giving odds for Liverpool to win the cup?

You've given Win, Lose or Draw, but what about the win no matter how it comes, i.e. either during the 90mins OR after extra time and penalties?

webmaster said:
No.

You've got 40 different bets to choose from, I think that's enough for one match.

I was only asking as it seemed very strange not to include this one:icon_roll .

That's me done then - 1160 on Liverpool to win 3-0. Cue West Ham to score in the first minute. :icon_lol:

Thanks Webbo, the vbookie has been a great success and will no doubt sweep the board at this years TABAPs.

Is there a prize for the richest person after the FA cup final?

Well done old boy - a raging success.

:038: :038: :038:

Same time as every TABAPs Stinky - November/December time.

Duzza said:
I'm thinking of splitting from the TABAP's and running a rival awards cermony.
Will it be a more lucrative ceremony with a whole host of top posters from all over the globe expected to follow?

I've just put a few quid on Carragher to be BBC MOM @16/1,Hansen is bound to choose a Defender.

west ham/ gretna double at 60/1....

highland fox said:
I've just put a few quid on Carragher to be BBC MOM @16/1,Hansen is bound to choose a Defender.

:038: :icon_razz

I did smile when he tucked that first goal away....useless fecker....:icon_lol:

Mike Hunt Smells said:
I wonder who the lucky git was who put 10 vCash on a 3-3......

lucky real sharapova....

who won overall then - silverfox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673