FA cup third round: Leicester v Burton Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burton at home in the 3rd round? Great stuff.I can pretend its 1985.I'll have a full head of hair again,my back won't hurt all the time,I'll be able to afford a night out without having to take out a loan,I can smoke anywhere I ****ing well please & it'll only cost £3.50 to go to the match.
Then I'll drink far too much & get chucked out of the Centrebar by the steroid addled retard on the door & put a brick through his car window on the way to the King's Head.
Bring it on i say.

Roy Cleveland Sullivan was hit seven times on separate occasions while working as a park ranger.

I doubt he was standing in the exact same spot though when it happened each time.

I doubt he was standing in the exact same spot though when it happened each time.

Is that relevant? If your argument is that no part of the ground can be repeatedly hit by lightening then you are well off the mark.

[video=youtube_share;XKMdYbOfFzI]http://youtu.be/XKMdYbOfFzI[/video]

Is that relevant? If your argument is that no part of the ground can be repeatedly hit by lightening then you are well off the mark.

[video=youtube_share;XKMdYbOfFzI]http://youtu.be/XKMdYbOfFzI[/video]

The top of the ESB is hardly "the ground". It's designed specifically to draw lightening in a storm.

Re: 22

Would have preferred it to have been an away tie as I always enjoy going to the lower league grounds but it should be an easy route into round 4 as I cannot imagine Nigel letting us slip against lower league teams twice in one year, let alone the same team.

Gonna have to be some real cheap tickets for this to get a half decent attendance though.

Re: 22

Has to be a minimum of £10 I believe.

It is. I've just looked at the FA cup rules for this season, and it seems they've changed them. It used to be a minimum of £15 from the third round onwards, but it's gone down to £10.
Also, in the past the away team had to agree to the ticket price (as they get a share of the receipts), but now it says
"Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on the prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions."

The top of the ESB is hardly "the ground". It's designed specifically to draw lightening in a storm.

William Lamb did not design it specifically to draw lightening during a storm, that's absolute cock. Plus, if you go look at a Physics book, you will see that the lightening rod is referred to as earth or ground. Apart from that your observations were spot on, thanks for moving the topic on. :icon_wink

Re: The F A Cup 2012-13

I heard a very interesting story today as to why we may have lost to Burton and why certain players were shipped out on loan afterwards. Anyone else?

No. Please oblige.

The players he picked for that game should have been more than good enough to put Burton to the sword.
NP didn't let anyone down, the players did.

I agree. Some very good players played very badly. The only player who impressed me that day was De Laet. Futacs was only on for a short time but scored a good goal but Schlupp and Waghorn looked out of their depth against lower league opposition.

I too heard the rumour and would advise people not to post it as it would probably end in tears. I would also not implicate Mr Hill
Mr Jarvis nor Mr Bernstein.

You going to tell us?

All I will say is that it involves certain players who have been frozen out/loaned out since then and a well known activity called betting.

One of those players was a previous favorite of NP's who has not really been seen since.

The betting involved the actual game in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669