FA cup third round: Leicester v Burton Albion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgraceful if remotely true. And enough to be banned from the game if the implication is understood correctly.

I heard the same thing actually, but whether it is true obviously remains to be seen. I don't think the players involved were playing that night were they? Not that it matters.

All I will say is that it involves certain players who have been frozen out/loaned out since then and a well known activity called betting.

One of those players was a previous favorite of NP's who has not really been seen since.

The betting involved the actual game in question.

What exactly is this cryptic "betting" that you speak of? How do you expect us to guess what it could possibly be that you're suggesting happened when you're being so obscure and equivocal?

What exactly is this cryptic "betting" that you speak of? How do you expect us to guess what it could possibly be that you're suggesting happened when you're being so obscure and equivocal?

Unforunately Macky If you cannot work it out for yourself then you will be forever in the shadows on this one.

I also think it is quite obvious as to why I won't disclose more info, but then I'm not totally surprised that you can't work that one out on your own as well.

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

If players did what is being suggested it's a sackable offence. Why wouldn't the club sack them, instead of keeping them at the club and continuing to pay their massive wages?

I personally think it would bring a whole heap of shit and attention onto the club that they would not want at any cost.

Better to simply offload them possibly for a fee without uttering a word?

Unforunately Macky If you cannot work it out for yourself then you will be forever in the shadows on this one.

I also think it is quite obvious as to why I won't disclose more info, but then I'm not totally surprised that you can't work that one out on your own as well.

WHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!

I personally think it would bring a whole heap of shit and attention onto the club that they would not want at any cost.

Better to simply offload them possibly for a fee without uttering a word?

Surely it would be better for the club to be seen to do the right thing, rather than for it to come out some time in the future that the club had covered it up.

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

If players did what is being suggested it's a sackable offence. Why wouldn't the club sack them, instead of keeping them at the club and continuing to pay their massive wages?

Yep, agree with this. I don't think they'd be able to keep it quiet even if they wanted to. Players would be banned and the club would be in massive trouble - why risk keeping it quiet?

Surely it would be better for the club to be seen to do the right thing, rather than for it to come out some time in the future that the club had covered it up.

Typical that we can't get a simple cover-up right.

Does anyone else remember the game between the 2 sides donkeys years ago,

I was at the baseball ground that night, very strange atmosphere indeed.

Can anyone else remember why the first game at the baseball ground was a first at the time?

Must be my memory playing tricks on me.

The game I was referring to is the where the opposing goalkeeper got hit by a coin and the replay was played behind closed doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669